Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2010 04:00

Has Anyone Got the Update Yet?

My question relates to the order in wich the upgrades will take place. I gather that the UK is going to be the first to receive the 2.2 update (which is handy since I have an unlocked Streak bought directly from Dell in the UK - baseband gausb1a111100 - kernel version 2.6.29-perf - build number 6267). The official blog states that   "The rollout of the upgrade will be gradual with different regions and versions of Donut and Éclair updated over the weeks following November 15, 2010."

What I would like to know is firstly if anyone has already received the update and then, if so, which baseband/kernel version/build number they were running prior to the update with a view to finding out amongst ourselves if we can discern any kind of logical pattern from all of the update chaos and  therefore when I might finally get the long awaited Froyo update (since Dell are being tight lipped with the exact details of the rollout).

12 Posts

November 16th, 2010 06:00

I've exactly same version-info like you and I got this first software update notification of November 12th (where nothing was behind). Yet no other...

8 Posts

November 17th, 2010 04:00

I didn't even get an update notification on the 12th, so far I have had the sum total of nothing. When did you buy your streak? I got mine on the 6th of September.

12 Posts

November 17th, 2010 05:00

I bought mine 31th of August directly from Dell (Frankfurt/Germany).

34 Posts

November 17th, 2010 06:00

I haven't seen a single post anywhere from anyone who has had the update (except for those premature messages on Nov 12), again we're not getting much information and what we are getting seems to be wrong.

I also have a UK Streak purchased directly from Dell so ought to be in the initial release, but 2 days after it started my streak says either "your device is up to date" or "no updates are available", I don't understand why I get the two different messages.

I am so angry at myself for buying this product knowing I would be depending on an update from Dell. In my defence I was choosing between a HTC Desire HD (which hadn't been released at the time) and the Streak, when I saw the 2.1 O2 release was available I ordered one from dell.co.uk thinking obviously the 2.1 OS was ready.

Amy, November 15th was 2 days ago, I have a UK unlocked streak, where is my update? Has anyone been updated? Anyone at all !

Please can I send it back?

8 Posts

November 17th, 2010 06:00

Unfortunately jaffa the official Dell release states that the upgrade will take place gradually over the next couple of weeks so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would still like to know whether anyone has actually had a successful update as yet?????

34 Posts

November 17th, 2010 07:00

I just checked and the official release says:

WHEN/WHO - "Beginning today, Monday, November 15, 2010, an OTA update will be available to customers who purchased their Streaks as unlocked units. These units will be upgraded first because they do not have to go through the carrier approval process."

"November 15, 2010, an OTA update will be available to customers who purchased their Streaks as unlocked units"

No mention of additional delays for those 'unlocked' customers, like I said I've seen no posts anywhere on any forum from anyone who has had the update.

Amy, where's the update, what's the delay, some honesty right now might save you some customers.

34 Posts

November 17th, 2010 07:00

Zero posts from people who have been updated tells a story. What are the doing updating one a day?

34 Posts

November 18th, 2010 01:00

Another day has passed and still I've seen no posts on any forum from anyone anywhere in the world with any Streak version who has received the update.

On top of that there's not even a reliable Dell presence on this forum.

I think the update has been pulled - again.

8 Posts

November 18th, 2010 02:00

Same here, I have hunted high and low for even one person claiming a successful upgrade and there are none to be found - the silence is deafening!

No Events found!