Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2011 18:00

Have Dell Venue Pro issues resolved?

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a Dell Venue Pro. I have seen some videos, and it blew me away !!

but then I have read many people complaining about hardware and software issues.

I was just wondering that here in India there was official launch of Mango, so if I buy a DVP, and upgrade to Mango, will I get a bang for my buck ?

21 Posts

October 13th, 2011 23:00

Well, there is one finger down is DVP will not support WIFI hotspot tethering. It is physically impossible since the manufacturer use a cheap version of WIFI chip. You may find the news here: wp7lab.com/.../windows-phone-devices-support-tethering

Think before you buy

7 Posts

October 14th, 2011 10:00

This product is gorgeous and FAIL at the same time

7 Posts

October 14th, 2011 10:00

It also doesn't support for hidden WiFi ssid

6 Posts

October 14th, 2011 18:00

back here...WiFi aint that big..

I hardly find any place which has a WiFi ...

I was jus wondering that there were issues where the phone was rebooting all the time, have those issues been resolved.

I dont use the phone much(atleast now on my N91, I hardly use it, maybe 1-2 calls in a day, and some texting..)

What I was concerned is, hope I dont buy the phone and it starts randomn reboots, and lock ups. Once in a while is ok..but many times a day can be a major concern.

21 Posts

October 14th, 2011 22:00

At lease, I am happy now. Never need to reboot. It seems dell have a faulty SD card and they cause all these problem

7 Posts

October 15th, 2011 07:00

I don't know if you guys have this issue or not. But seems that I don't have bing audio in my option. I tried to change the region setting to almost every country. But seems doesn't show up either. I'm currently using generic-EU dvp in Hong Kong. anyone having the same issue?

6 Posts

October 15th, 2011 19:00

@dvp7 ...I still haven't bought a DVP yet..so dont know about it !!!

6 Posts

October 15th, 2011 19:00

good to know that your issue seems to be resolved..!!

Anyways, before reading your comment I went ahead to buy a DVP, and two shops said that Dell has stopped selling that model.

Maybe, those shops dint have the model with them, so they said this.

Will look at more places, and check if I can get it.

I saw unboxing videos, and I so like that phone !! I can stop thinking about it.

21 Posts

October 16th, 2011 15:00

Have you update to Mango yet? This Function only exist in Mango

5 Posts

October 17th, 2011 05:00

Some people have issues with hidden wifi that is not a Dell issue but wp7 it is enabled in mango. Most of the hardware issues are on the 8gb phone and not the 16 and seems to be related to A class 2 memory card The 16gb ones that shipped after July I think have the new firmware and are ok... It's still a Dell so you roll the dice no matter what lol Most memory card issues have been fixed with a class 4 upgrade however this voids man warr. The biggiest thing you will have outside of some software issues is going to be the camera apparently it is the worst I ordered the t mobile and they sent me the att phone I'm currently waiting on.new phone to ship but from when I played with the camera auto settings and thee seems to be a delay from when pic is taken to when it writes to memory during that delay you can blur the shot If you buy the Dell you need to know they will probably end support soon for it so it is going to be a love hate thing with your phone

7 Posts

October 17th, 2011 07:00

Dude.. You think I'm really that stupid?

6 Posts

October 20th, 2011 06:00

@big35 : I really love the phone. I went to Dell exclusive store to check it out, and it seems that there was some issue with their demo phone. maybe it wasnt charged or something. But I really like the design.

As for Wifi, I dont care, as back here in India, Wifi aint that big as of now.

I had gone to the Dell store, specifically to check out the camera.

have told him that will be back on the weekend. Keep the demo phone in working condition !!!

6 Posts

October 20th, 2011 06:00

@dvp. No, I dont think you are stupid !!

7 Posts

October 20th, 2011 07:00

Sorry anikam, it was a question for this dude @yeungl2

21 Posts

October 20th, 2011 09:00

Just to make sure. Some people might think they have it, but in fact it is a no. Or you have forced update mango, the version is not complete.

No Events found!