Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2012 08:00

How long will the Streak 7 hold a charge?

Dell told me it will hold a charge for a maximum of 3 hours!!  Really?  Why would I have bought this device if I had known that!  Anyone have other experience? 

172 Posts

January 18th, 2012 10:00

I think you have asked the wrong question. The Streak 7 battery is a Lithium Ion battery, which can hold a charge for up to 12 months.

I believe what you are asking is: What is the battery life of the Streak 7?

Battery life depends on your usage. It is true that the Streak 7 battery life is not great. If you are to use it non-stop (playing games and keeping the screen on at all time), the battery life is 3-4 hours. If your usage is moderate, like most people, you can go 8-10 hours before having to charge it. If you use it occasionally, you can go 1 - 2 days before having to charge it. This is my experience using the WiFi model. I cannot speak for the 4g model.

Though its battery life is not great, it last me through the day. Before I go to bed, I charge it for the next day.

126 Posts

January 19th, 2012 03:00

hi ill 2nd that reply from otnos, i have 3g model and its similar but as mentioned its totally dependent on your usage and setup i tend to turn the brightness down, you could also disable gps wifi  if not intend using it alltime in low usage times ive left it on for days just letting it alert me of new messages

No Events found!