loungesong
Bronze

How to Install the Network Driver after a fresh Windows 10 install on Venue 5130 32 bit

I'm posting this because it took me about 4 hours to figure it out...got no help from dell support chat.

I have an old Venue 11 32bit.  I flashed BIOS to A17.  Did clean install of Windows 10 from USB stick.  Could not get the latest Network Driver (5130_Network_Driver_0WGYT_WN32_3.7.2.63715_A06.EXE) to install.  Kept getting error: 

“The installer can not run on this platform. Please select package for your operating system.”

No other driver available.  What did work was using 7-Zip to unpack the .exe and then installing through the "Update Driver"  button in Device Manager.  Worked for both Wifi and Bluetooth.  Hope this helps someone.

2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: How to Install the Network Driver after a fresh Windows 10 install on Venue 5130 32 bit

Hi loungesong,

Thanks for posting your solution so that other readers can see it.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
OLahti
Copper

RE: How to Install the Network Driver after a fresh Windows 10 install on Venue 5130 32 bit

Thank you Loungesong for letting everybody here know the solution. Thumbs up!

0 Kudos