Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 17th, 2013 13:00

Latitude 10 Cannot Activate/Download Updates

Just bought a Latitude 10 from dell's online outlet store. Internet connection works fine, can use IE and download files that way without problem. Any apps or updates I try to download from the windows store just hang at "pending" or "downloading" with the status bar at 0%. Windows has installed a number of updates when I have restarted the machine (last restart had 76 updates), and I have updated the BIOS, chipset drivers, and wireless drivers to the latest versions (as of today, 10/17). 

Possibly related: under the control panel/settings, "activate windows" is still an option. At the top it says "This product key doesn't work. You might need to get in touch with the store or company you bought windows from, or you can buy a new key from Microsoft." Under current product key, it does show one entered, but obviously I can only see the last five characters. I cannot find a product key anywhere either on the device or in the packaging.

I tried to did contact dell's support, but they said I would have to use fee-based support for this problem. Pretty frustrating that this thing is broken out of the box, appears to not have a valid windows key, and I have to pay somebody to get help.

Edit: I was unclear before. I did contact dell support and they told me I would have to use the fee-based support for this problem

No Responses!
No Events found!