Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 16:00

Latitude 10 Tablet - Bamboo Stylus Feel - NOT WORKING NEED HELP

I recently bought a Latitude 10 Tablet and a Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel to go with it.  However the tablet wont recognize the stylus at all and I have no idea why.  Its very new, so if there are some magical drivers I'm supposed to install, I havent done that.  Please I'm getting really frustrated and worried that I spent a lot of money for nothing.

The costumer service call center thing isnt working at all either, I've called 7 times now and have been disconnected before I could reach anyone who knew anything about the tablet...

Thanks...

PC

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 16th, 2013 14:00

PCollins17,

Welcome to the community. I have received your private mesage and have sent a reply to it.

TB

1 Message

April 18th, 2013 16:00

Were you able to find a resolution?  I have the same issue.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 18th, 2013 17:00

Lee C USMC

I am not sure that the Bamboo will be compatible with all the versions of the Latitude 10.  Please shoot me a private message (just click on the link in my signature) then click start conversation and include the service tag of your tablet and I will be happy to research this further for you.

TB

3 Posts

April 18th, 2013 19:00

(and thank you terry, I appreciated your response)

3 Posts

April 18th, 2013 19:00

I figured it out yeah, the bamboo stylus feel is not compatible with the essentials version of the Latitude 10 (the first two prices on the website), you have to get the productivity version.  I returned my tablet, with the intention of buying the correct version when my refund comes in...

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 19th, 2013 09:00

PCollins17

I am sorry for the inconvenience of having to return your system and purchase again.  I do thank you for posting and letting us know that the problem was with the essentials version of the Latitude 10.  

Lee C USMC

Do you know what version of the tablet that you purchased, was it the essentials version?

TB

2 Posts

May 15th, 2013 10:00

Can you tell me why the stylus that came with Latitude 10 is intermittent? I'm using it in OneNote and it disappears then I have to slide the stylus from the bottom of the screen up and then it reappears. Is that normal or what? Thank you

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 15th, 2013 10:00

Pobarick

I suggest changing the tip of the stylus and see if that helps.  If you continue to have problems please send me a private message,  just click on the link in my signature and then click join conversation.  In your message please include the service tag of the tablet and I can research possible service options.

TB

1 Message

May 16th, 2013 20:00

Hi , I have a similar problem, I received the stylus free with Dell Latitude 10 and it is not working. What is the reason.

2 Posts

May 17th, 2013 08:00

I changed the stylus tip & it made no difference. still intermitent.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 17th, 2013 12:00

Pobarick,

Is this the general behavior of the stylus in all of your apps, or do you only notice this in One Note?

DAwasthi,

Is the stylus on your tablet not working at all, or does the stylus seem to have problems with specific apps?  Have you tried changing the tip on the stylus and if so did it make a difference?

If either of you haven't tried it yet, please calibrate the stylus.  For more on pen calibration on Windows 8 check the Microsoft article here.

To adjust how accurately your screen senses when you use a pen or finger:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter calibrate in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open Tablet PC Settings.

3. Check that the monitor shown in the Display field matches the screen you want to calibrate.

4. Tap or click Calibrate, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

If none of this helps and you continue to have difficulties please private message me (just click on the link in my signature and then click start conversation) and in your message please include your name, and the service tag of the tablet  and I will be happy to research possible service options.

TB

1 Message

October 11th, 2013 18:00

I am having this issue as well.  I just purchased a stylus for my Latitude 10 ST -  and Stylus pen P91F8.  I am not getting any response when attempting to use the stylus.  I have changed the tips and still nothing.  I have also, attempted to calibrate but it does nothing there as well.

1 Message

November 14th, 2013 14:00

I am having the same issue.  The stylus pen P91F8 is working with my Dell XPS L502x touchscreen laptop but not my Latitude 10 ST2. Please help.

1 Message

September 30th, 2015 18:00

I have latitude 10 ST2, contacted dell and provided my service tag.  I was sold a stylus for venue 10, which doesn't work with my tablet.

which stylus do I need and how do  get it connected to my tablet

No Events found!