Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2013 04:00

Latitude 10 audio issues

My latitude 10 has some audio problems.

(1) the audio will quit working every other day and the tablet has to be reset to fix.

(2) it has electrical feedback or charge through the headphones. It is literally shocking my ears like static electricity. This one is disturbing. Does not happen all the time, but has happened two times.

Anyone else have these issues? The tablet has also locked up about 1 to 2 times per day requiring a reset. It just freezes and never responds.

39 Posts

January 20th, 2013 17:00

So basically there is no one from Dell answering on these forums? Post are sitting for days with no help. Great.

Love the tablet but resetting about 4 times per day due to audio issues and locking up. Bluetooth also quits working at times, requiring a reboot.

5 Posts

January 21st, 2013 05:00

I dont experience such issue, but my BIOS is A02 and i am about to flash A03, may be you should do the same.

rgds,

39 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 00:00

I will try it. Thanks

39 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 04:00

I was at A00, and the newer bios did not show up in the filtered download list for my service tag. When I removed the list filter, A03 showed up. I flashed it, but too early to tell if it helps. I sure hope it does. Thanks

5 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 05:00

Yes, you need to select all files and remove filter. If you still experience issues, you may uninstall then reinstall the driver.

I have already broken and reinstalled Windows 8 3 times on the device and have never experience any audio issues so far with the drivers offered on downloads (i am currently building a Windows 8 image with MDT 2012).

39 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 19:00

No luck with the bios in terms of the audio issues. Audio issue seems to happen after a sleep session. Shortly after (~15 min) the computer completely locks up. I have to reboot. Happening 3 to 5 times per day. Very annoying. Will try the driver uninstall and re-install. Hopefully that helps. Bluetooth also flakes out about 1 time per day and won't come back without a reboot.

Love the device and impressed with the performance. I would like these annoying issues to be fixed in short order.

I also think Microsoft needs to provide iOS people easy porting of iTunes playlists, etc to ease the transition. I would love to just have my playlists show up in Xbox Audio through an import rather than having to export, etc. Easier popup media controls would also make it more iPad like in terms of media. Lastly, Windows dictation and audio control is very powerful. I would love to see an audio input button on the keyboard and simple audio input like Android and iOS that just works without all the overhead.

Still, it is awesome as a traveler to have full Windows features in such a form factor with mobile data.

5 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 01:00

So many issues you seem to experience. You may try to restore the full Tablet OS since there is a recovery partition to refresh the device. If the symptoms persists, i would consider a tablet repair...

39 Posts

January 28th, 2013 03:00

I have tried the drivers, and many other things. I will try a complete reinstall of Windows this week. I hope that fixes everything. I have put a lot of work into my configuration, and I am not looking forward to backing things up and restoring, etc. These things should work better than they do at this point. My audio issues persist.

39 Posts

February 16th, 2013 05:00

Well, I went and had Windows search for updated audio drivers about two weeks ago. Problem solved.

4 Posts

February 24th, 2013 13:00

I am also having audio issues.  The audio will randomly cut out.  It does not always coincide with  sleep mode.  Sometimes it works one minute and not the next.  When this happens the "video" app also stops playing videos (other video players still work).  The only way to fix it is to restart the tablet.  All devices say they are working properly and the drivers are up to date.  I have the newest bios.  

172 Posts

February 24th, 2013 18:00

I have the same issue, it looks like the sound cut out after using headphones or when the volume is turned down low. I will try updating the driver as suggested above.

Update: I tried to update drivers but windows said the drivers were up to date. So issue still not resolved for me.

39 Posts

February 26th, 2013 05:00

Try uninstalling the driver for the audio device and deleting the driver during the uninstall. Then re-install using te Dell driver.

172 Posts

February 26th, 2013 14:00

Did reinstalling the driver helped you?

4 Posts

February 26th, 2013 19:00

I don't see any audio drivers on the Dell site.

39 Posts

February 27th, 2013 05:00

They are in the driver pack

No Events found!