Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2013 11:00

Latitude 10 won't wake up

Everything was working fine for a couple of days. I got office installed and a few games. Now I have noticed that the tablet won't wake up after it goes into sleep mode. I have to hold the power button until it powers off and then start it up again. I tried to do a system recovery but it fails saying that one of the files was locked to disable antivirus. I uninstalled my antivirus and it still won't restore. If I use the option to refresh my pc but save my documents, will it refresh with the dell drivers installed already?

98 Posts

April 2nd, 2013 14:00

How long does it take to update?  It rebooted to a white screen that says the firmware is being updated and the keyboard is locked.  Then it says  begin to update bios from A00  to A04. 

Flash update progress            Image not loaded

EC update progress                 not started.

Been like this for 10 minutes now. 

2 Posts

April 9th, 2013 12:00

i have tried to update the BIOS 3 or 4 times including letting it run all night.  nothing happened.  i had to power it off manually.  someone, please advise.

36 Posts

April 12th, 2013 09:00

Is anyone else's Latitude 10 going haywire today?  My wireless quit working.  There's a red X and it's showing no networks available.  The troubleshooter says there may be a problem with the driver but everything is fine in device manager.  I'm using wireless on another machine to post this message.

45 Posts

April 12th, 2013 10:00

@maxwell123: Everything is working fine here.

8 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 09:00

Mine just hosed right up today. I have a power light that is lit and I can't power off the unit nor boot it up. Wait for Dell to call me back later this after noon after spending 1 1/2 hours on support chat with them. Fortunately I'm still under warrenty

36 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 10:00

What happens when you pull the battery?

6 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 10:00

I was still getting some wifi problems at work (but not home) and a freeze here and there, even after the recent bios and chipset updates.  Yesterday I just installed the new wireless driver dated 4/16/2013:

Dell WLAN / Bluetooth Driver, (Driver) Recommended 4/16/2013 12.0.0.6300, A04

Under the release notes, it says "fix crash" so let's hope it does!  Still too soon to tell for me if this is a real fix.

8 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 11:00

Can't pull the battery, it's a sealed unit

36 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 12:00

Didn't know they made them that way.

April 22nd, 2013 14:00

"Sleep" mode causes the TOUCH digitizer driver (HID) to fail on power-up, among others. HOWEVER, the PEN digitizer driver still works. So basically, the device is still running but you cannot use your finger to wake it or interact with it... tablet ... yeah I know ironic. I have two tablets that this workaround appears to have "cured" until MS gets the drivers setup correctly:

1: Set the three "I2C HID Device" devices "power management" to off under Device Manager -> Properties -> Power Management:

2: Modify the current power management options to set the "Power Button" to hibernate instead of sleep:

45 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 14:00

Yeah, the "Latitude 10 Essential" version does not have a swappable battery, as I understand.

8 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 20:00

Wish I could, but this bad boy won't power off or on, won't reboot, won't go into diagnostics nor settings. Dell is exchanging it for me, but I'll keep you help for the new one!!

8 Posts

April 23rd, 2013 06:00

As I wait for the replacement unit, thought I'd check the old one this morning. After being on battery for 24 hours, the white power light is still lit and the unit is still unresponsive to all attempts to shut it down or wake it up. Going to keep checking it unit it is out of juice and then see if I can get it to boot up and see what settings it has, as compared to other folks that have kind enough to share here.

1 Message

May 9th, 2013 09:00

I tried to update the BIOS, but I discovered that the utiliity install the .rom file at the root level of the volume that it executes from. That is, if I have an SD drive mounted as D: and run the ST2A04.EXE from it, the A04.ROM file is place on D:\. When the tablet reboots, the BIOS installer is looking for that file on C:\. So I moved the executable over to C: & reran it. Then the BIOS updated OK.

May 22nd, 2013 07:00

Thanks. Enabling this Hardware Setting fixed this sleep issue for me. I will be informing Dell Support about this setting. I have been working with them for a week now and the next step was to re install the windows 8 pro and if that did not resolve it they were going to replace the mother board. Time that I don't have.

No Events found!