Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2011 23:00

Location based GPS does not work in Streak, nor contacts from my SIM replicates into the CONTACT list,

I got my New Dell Streak 3 days back.. Since then I am not able to make the GPS feature work...Location based services work fine with Wireless (at home) enabled but if Wireless is turned off  or I go out in the street, the GPS does not find my location even if I am in the road standing  under the sky directly. I am browsing this forum for the past 3 days to find an answer, but so far no advice worked for me. I enabled all possible GPS and Wireless features under LOCATION & SECURITY, but that did not help either. Not sure if this is a problem with Streak or the Android 2.2 Froyo that I have. If this is not a harware issue, then guessing  Android 2.3 might fix this.

My other problem is all my contacts in my SIM card of my GSM service provider is not replicating into the Streak and there is no option to do that. When I put my SIM card in other unlocked phones that I have, (BTW my Streak is factory unlocked), it provides immediate option to download the SIM contacts into the phone memory, Streak does not provide that option.

Did any one face this situation with a new Streak yet ? Can anyone provide any solution as of yet ? I am just afraid to call Dell as being scared by the messages in this forum telling Dell customer service is a nightmare. May be I have to call them soon to fix this.

1 Message

February 11th, 2011 06:00

My GPS is misbehaving as well on my Dell Streak 7

Although I think it was working right out the box, now three days later, it is  stuck on "Searching for GPS  ", and no applications can find a satellite signal.

I have tested the included Google based mapping and navigation applications as well as several market based applications.

I am outside with an unobstructed view of the sky, and have confirmed  "use GPS Satellites" is enabled.

I have waited hours at a time, in case it was an "initial fix" issue.

I have restarted the device several times.

Any ideas before I call Dell?

-Ken

No Events found!