Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 13th, 2013 06:00

Missing features on Venue 8 Android

I've had my Venue 8 for a week now. Seems they removed a few features. Probably to justify the low price.

- No multi user option.

- No lock screen app shortcuts (it does have lock screen widgets) There is an icon on the bottom of the lock screen but the only icon it has is the Google Now app icon. I cannot find anywhere in settings to add other apps to the lock screen unlock function.

- camera has extremely limited adjustments.

Any other significant ones????

14 Posts

December 19th, 2013 19:00

Just got the 4.3 update on my Dell Venue 8 and they added the multi user option.  Still no luck screen app shortcuts though.  I guess You can always download an app for that.  Check out Cover  it's pretty cool. 

4 Posts

December 20th, 2013 06:00

I updated last night. 4.3. It's possible that they slowly roll out as a test. Just keep checking in your settings.

Set up 2 users. Both users previously set up as google users.

Gmail, calendars, people all work fine while showing info for that user only, if you choose.

7 Posts

December 13th, 2013 08:00

I agree with yours,   

- the one I have not been able to make it work is the WiFi-Direct connection,  I can connec to ther devices but when trying to send a file just does not work,

has anyone been able to use it with success?

7 Posts

December 20th, 2013 03:00

wow, that is Great, how did you got 4.3? I juste did the software update and it says 4.2.2 is the latest.

No Events found!