Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2013 16:00

No Office in Dell Venue Pro 8

Hi,

I just bought a new Dell Venue Pro 8 and set it up. I noticed that there is no Office in the tablet. There is an App that says "Microsoft Office", but when I click it it gives me an option to Activate, Buy or Try. How do i install office on this machine? When I search for Word or PowerPoint, nothing shows up.

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks,

Prabu

480 Posts

January 14th, 2014 10:00

There should be a square plastic envelope about the size of a CD case packaged with the tablet.  It should contain a booklet and the M/S Office product code certificate for activating Office.

5 Posts

Thank you for your advice. 

There was no plastic slip inside the box but it was factory sealed. 

Is there any way for dell to send me the licence information?

214 Posts

If that reseller is not Dell-authorized, Dell may not support you in this matter. Suggest you contact seller immediately, then your card-issuer, if no or unsatisfactory response.

(You can view your Windows 8.1 key in the System Control Panel.)

214 Posts

January 14th, 2014 11:00

This forum is hosted by Dell, for discussions among Dell tablet owners; you are not 'talking' to Dell here, but with other owners like yourself. The contents of retail bundles can vary by country and reseller channel. You must contact your seller and/or Dell directly to resolve this concern...

5 Posts

January 14th, 2014 12:00

Yes thank you, I am quite aware that a lot of the people posting on here are fellow users. My question was generally Is there a way for Dell to lookup the licence numbers that were allocated to your service tag?

Additionally, I have contacted the seller and am waiting to hear from them. Fortunately, I paid by credit card so I am fully protected also.

Thanks.

214 Posts

January 14th, 2014 13:00

@ GJHUGHES: Thanks for clarifying your question; a few Dell employees have been spotted lurking here — offering helpful advice —but rarely speaking as 'official' Dell reps. If you are located outside the US, you may find it convenient to contact Dell Support via email or "live chat" (described as "24/7" — but most of those hours are only covered by commissioned-sales staff; they should be able to tell you the live, post-sales support hours for your time zone). The OEM Windows 8.1 installed on your tablet was already activated prior to shipment, so it's linked to your service tag; however, the Ms Office folder that may be present on your tablet contains only a small (approx. 200MB) installer 'stub' — which will pull additional resources from the Internet, then install & configure your suite of Office apps according to the version specified by your printed product key. I hope that you are able to obtain a satisfactory resolution; please return & share what you learn... Much Luck!

4 Posts

January 16th, 2014 05:00

I too looked into this as I purchased in the knowledge that the pro 8 had a full office suite installed. Dell said that I needed to contact the reseller Ebuyer (in the end, after a couple of days response time). I had already queried it with Ebuyer and initially they said ' As we are a reseller, would not have this. You would need to speak to the manufacturer. I am sorry.' I replied saying how disappointing that was having believed that it came with office pre-installed as per all of the advertising and wven the Microsoft website confirmed it, even recommending Ebuyer (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/dell-venue-8-pro) Anyway, a few messages later and referring to a manager..... Further to your enquiry, having looked into this for you, can confirm that this should have come with the full version however there was a mistake when dell installed the software on the first batch of our stock. Microsoft are going to send out the licence keys to the customers for the full version. So if you can bare with us and use the trial version meanwhile, whilst we sort out the keys. Kind Regards, Ebuyer.com Customer Support Team So now I am waiting :)

4 Posts

February 18th, 2014 08:00

I contacted Ebuyer again on 6th Feb to chase up my licence key and my response was Thank you for your response. These been dispatched today from the US, not electronically, but actual posted goods. With it being from the US , imagine it will be later next week at the earliest when we receive them. We will post to you as soon as we have received. I still have not received anything as yet but the time to return the product has now passed. As per my previous response from Ebuyer, the Venue 8 Pro is supposed to come with the licence key but it was a batch that didn't have it installed unfortunately.

5 Posts

Not yet.

Neither Ebuyer nor Dell are being helpful. Ebuyer are attempting to get the key that they have said I should have from Dell but Dell are not giving it to them. 

Sadly It looks like I will be calling up ebuyer and asking for a refund as it is not as advertised.

1 Message

have you received your key yet? I'm curious about this as well. I too thought the Venue 8 Pros would have Office 2013 by default.

5 Posts

February 19th, 2014 06:00

Me too, although I have delayed it by one day as I am out of the office tomorrow.

Good to hear that this issue should be resolved tomorrow. Let me know what you get guys.

Thanks

4 Posts

Ebuyer have just emailed me saying : Thank you for your recent order of the Dell Venue Pro 8 Tablet. As you may be aware this item was due to come with full office software, however it appears the items were shipped to us missing the activation keys for said software. We apologise that the key was not included in with your tablet, however we have been in touch with our supplier who has now issued us with the correct activation key. The above order has now been created to ship to you for delivery tomorrow, and contains your activation key. Hooray!

2 Posts

I got an email just now from ebuyer saying they will be posting the activation card today as all of there venue 8 pro stock were missing the activation cards

4 Posts

February 20th, 2014 03:00

Received mine as promised...finally. Thank you ebuyer

4 Posts

May 6th, 2014 13:00

I never received the slip with the product id for home and student Office.  What do I do now?

How long is the prod id?  I have something that starts with CN-followed by 18 characters.  Is that it? 

No Events found!