Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2011 10:00

Portrait orientation lock - it's needed

Clearly, the landscape-mode mentality of the Streak's designers was never switched on to practical-use mode. Why is it that Dell are unable or simply refuse to understand that it’s more comfortable and convenient to use the streak 5 in portrait mode? I’m sick and tired of the thing flipping to landscape at the slightest movement and then waiting 2 seconds for it to ‘correct’ itself.

All orientation locks in the Market lock to landscape. So are Dell ever going to include a portrait lock in an update?

6 Posts

May 19th, 2011 11:00

Regina Launcher is a nice, free launcher that's portrait only. Other than that, just about everything locks in landscape only. I believe it's an Android FroYo thing.

6 Posts

May 19th, 2011 17:00

Regina Launcher does the job as far as locking home screen to portrait goes (and it doesn’t mess about resizing the wallpaper, which is another irritation). I'm tempted, but as a launcher it’s a little short of customisation - I’m so used to Launcher Pro. It strikes me that if Regina can effect such a simple process of locking to portrait then it’s just a lack of user-nouse on the part of everyone else to omit it.

78 Posts

June 12th, 2011 08:00

LOL (not at you or your concern, but that my feelings are exact oposite).  I actually hate it when my streak flips to portrait and want it to 'stay' in landscape,   have you tried "Auto Rotate Widget"? its free on the Market and you can set everything to Portrait or Landscape and lock it into whichever position you desire.

market.android.com/details

6 Posts

June 12th, 2011 11:00

Auto-Rotate Widget (like all other auto-rotate apps) simply functions as the default auto-rotate screen already on Streak – switch it off and it goes back to landscape.

I believe that since the upgrade to 2.2, all these apps only lock to landscape. And of course, for you landscapephiles there’s always the option to turn auto-rotate off thereby locking to landscape.

78 Posts

June 12th, 2011 11:00

Igu described me!  Well I am glad dell came through for you and replaced your tab/phone

No Events found!