Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2011 03:00

Repairing Dell Streak

After having random factory resets the internal sd-card gave up at all. A known problem for some of the Streaks. I disassembled my Streak in order to replace the internal SD card. The replacement went well and I can boot up now. Unfortunately I broke the thin flat cable between the board and the three touch button cover. Does anybody know where and how to get this little part? I suppose that even experienced techniciens happen to brake this, for example those who replace the screen. I haven't succeeded in coming in touch with Dell Support for just this rare customer problem.

1 Message

March 21st, 2011 09:00

Hi

im contemplating attempting the same procedure with my o2 dell streak. the issue im having is that the streak wouldnt boot past logo and if i attempt to go into fastboot mode or recovery mode would occasionally be successful. ive tried streakflash which run successfully but doesnt boot phone into fastboot mode. Im thus lead to believe that the internal sdcard  is faulty but i cant get into fastboot to run diagnostics and be sure. Do you agree with my assessment and if so can you assist me in replacing my internal sdcard ?

thank you

11 Posts

March 21st, 2011 15:00

Hi!

Well before you open your Streak to change the inner sd card you might try other posibilities. First, I don't understand if you can start in the recovery mode or not. If you can't, then you probably have to flash a recovery image. Look for that procedure on forum.xda-developers.com. Streak has also a memory that you can't remove. That holds the information for the factory reset. If you can start in the recovery mode you probably have tried a factory reset. If not, try that. As far as I know a faulty inner sd card doesn't prevent the phone to start in the recovery mode. But if you after all want to replace it you can look here (ifixit.com) http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell-Streak-Teardown/3512/1. You just have to be very careful when you remove the three button cover. It's fixed with dubbel sided tape. Don't make my mistake.  

No Events found!