Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2010 10:00

Still not ready? Really?

I have to admit, I am surprised that I'm still waiting for a Froyo update.  I had been under the impression that all of the updates would be completed in November.  What really surprises me is the fear of overloading the system or something.  There simply are not that many Dell Streaks out in the public.  I've never seen another person use one, other than me.  Whereas, I can't go more than 30 minutes without seeing someone holding an iPhone.  If Dell wanted to control the release, and I can understand there are multiple reasons to do that, then they probably should have allowed the community to help with that.  The people posting on these websites, and constantly checking the system update status really want the update as soon as possible.  This group of people understands that first releases are subject to bugs and they can handle it.  The people that do not go to the website to check for the latest news are the ones that want all the bugs out by the time they reluctantly install a new OS.

Really Dell, just allow users to be part of the beta group and let us update.  Once you have the bugs fixed, fine, then do a mass rollout.

No Responses!
No Events found!