Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2010 16:00

Streak 2.1 bricked my phone

Mildly distressed here.

Followed the prompt for the update, downloaded, rebooted, installed, rebooted, phone hung on the Dell Logo screen, left it for an hour, no change, popped out the battery, rebooted, no change, tried a factory reset via recovery console, no change.

Any ideas what to do next?

24 Posts

If its a non O2 Streak I think you'll find it won't do a thing but fingers crossed for you, there's always a first time for everything.

Thanks for that, really helpful.

It is an O2 Streak.

I have had the following error on my Streak:

E:Error in sdcard/download/Android2.1update.pkg.dec (Status 0)

I had to remove the battery and reboot. The phone restarted with Android 1.6, all personalisation deleted.

The phone is trying to download 2.1 again.

Great.

1 Message

September 4th, 2010 02:00

Same here.... Streak refusing to start with the new upgrade.

I'm secretly hoping now that o2 will take this piece of junk phone back from me and let me pick something else. It's been such a disappointment after the initial excitement (which lasted approximately the 14 days that I had to return it)!

Anyone know how to get the phone to boot again... as above, mine has hung on the "Dell" screen.... 

John

September 4th, 2010 04:00

So I'm now manually downloading the update from here: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/DownloadInstructions.html once its down I'll copy it to my sd card via a card reader and try to install it from recovery console. Will post an update once I know if its worked.

September 4th, 2010 04:00

Well, no luck there. Guess I'll just give o2 a call from work tomorrow and see what they say.

2 Posts

September 4th, 2010 10:00

For those who have had issues with the o2 2.1 update (Dell splash screen freeze) please visit the o2 forum for a fix the link to the forum is

Please be aware that this fix must only be used for a UK Dell Streak supplied by o2

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-streak/23084-fix-stuck-dell-logo-after-2-1-update-o2-only.html

No Events found!