Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

December 20th, 2010 13:00

Streak Froyo Update Performance Feedback - For All Updated Units

Hi Folks,

I've received feedback that the FAQ post has gotten too hard to follow because of individual complaints/requests for the update. So I am starting this new thread to strictly collect feedback on post Froyo update performance issues/bugs.

If you have already upgraded to the latest 3.18 (unlocked) or 3.19 (O2 locked) versions of Dell Froyo and you have a consistent issue or bug, please post it here.  Please include which version of Froyo you have, what you have done to troubleshoot the issue and if you have already tried a factory restore.

First consideration will be given to those issues/bugswhich affect more than one person and that we can duplicate.

Thanks,

Amy

14 Posts

When I go to get my update, I'm told that it isn't available.  I'm on Rogers, when will the update work for me?

119 Posts

When I go to get my update, I'm told that it isn't available.  I'm on Rogers, when will the update work for me?

Thats not what this thread is for.  Please don't start asking when you will get the update in this thread it is for bug reports for those that do have the update already.

119 Posts

Here are the issues I have found so far on my US Unlocked Streak under Froyo 318 build:

1. Can't merge any contacts together.  I can separate them but not merge that includes regular created contacts and also when trying to merge facebook contacts into regular contacts.   I get a contact not saved message and it has be try to create a new one.

2.  While not a bug but more a performance issue the 720p video recording is sub-par.  The FPS at which it records makes it almost unusable to record at that setting.  Hopefully that can be adjusted and improved upon.

Thats all I have noticed thus far.  

14 Posts

You acknowledge that there are complaints, you refuse to address them.  You open a support thread regarding 2.2 yet many people still don't have it yet.  You take the time to browbeat me, instead of using the same effort to tell us just what is going on.

Look, I'm not happy with Rogers' service either.  But I'll help you understand now, as a Canadian, we have little recourse with little option.  The least you can do is in the other thread say why things are taking so long.

But please, let's stop dancing around and wasting all this energy trying to hide the fact that either Dell or Rogers are being less than honest.

Please.

2 Posts

December 21st, 2010 05:00

I have the 318 build, unlocked streak and I have no issues switching to the front facing camera.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2010 10:00

I've just updated my Streak (O2, UK) and, having restored as instructed, now have no contacts. All of my contacts were input by hand, not synced from Google or anything like that. The prospect of trying to gather them again is really upsetting. I've had to do that twice in recent times for different reasons and it takes FOREVER. What's more, the information is obviously somewhere because when I placed the SmartCall widget on my home page, it remembers names and numbers. So - how do I get at that info? Please, even if you don't know, a response to that end would be great. There's no point asking for feedback if it goes unanswered.

119 Posts

December 21st, 2010 13:00

Got my front facing camera working (try a factory reset) when in the camera app hit the menu button and there should be an option to switch to the front facing camera.

Can you try merging contacts and see if you can do it on yours? I can't merge any contacts.

2 Posts

December 21st, 2010 13:00

I'm on the O2 version (kernel 2.6.32.9-perf / Build 12792).

Main problems;

1) Front facing camera does not seem to be functional/accessible from anywhere. Certainly the camera/video app does not appear to have any option to use it. Irritating as it's therefore a useless feature.

2) During a call, while held to my ear, the screen goes blank - as before. If the call lasts for more than a few minutes then it's very hard to get the screen to come back again in order to use the keypad, or even to end the call. Repeated tapping on the screen seems to do it but it can take 5 seconds or more to get the screen back again, which is again a little frustrating.

3) 720p recording is very jerky and therefore basically unusable, framerate seems very low.

4) As of yesterday (about 1 week after the upgrade) I have started to find the device randomly switched off or stuck on the Dell logo screen. Battery is fine. Device had been absolutely fine, with screen off and screen lock on. Happened twice today - first time the device was completely off and non-responsive. Had to remove and replace the battery in order to bring it back to life. Second time (about 20 minutes ago), I picked it up to find it on the Dell logo bootscreen, again completely unresponsive requiring battery removal and replacement. No idea what is causing it as I'm not seeing it happening, and nothing strange or exotic running on the phone.

5) It seems like the Exchange sync does not support the security features required by many organisations (seems to be a wider Eclair & Froyo issue, but still very frustrating), so the device cannot be used to sync with corporate email - seems slightly self defeating as it closes off a big section of the market...

PS: Bought in July 2010 and been very happy indeed with everything until now. Just these few issues since the 2.2 upgrade...

5 Posts

December 21st, 2010 19:00

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I have an unlocked running 3.18.

The headphone jack volume is Horrible!!  I can’t listen to music on my Streak because when the volume is at max the music is not loud at all.  If I plug in external speakers and increase the volume on the speakers there is so much noise I can’t listen.

I posted a thread asking for help, after no response I went to the xda-development forum looking for help and counted at least 20 people with the same issue.

I really hope there is an update to fix this issue soon.  There are no apps that help with the problem without causing a great deal of noise.

119 Posts

December 21st, 2010 22:00

Does the audio issue you are having still happen if you watch a video through the youtube app or is it only with music you have put on the sd card?  I tried the youtube app and pandora and mine seemed okay but I don't have any music put on the sd card so I am just curious if its only that.

5 Posts

December 22nd, 2010 04:00

That's an interesting question.

I hadn't used the Youtube app on the phone yet, so this morning I played an mp3 that I had purchased on the Amazon Mp3 app and played the same music video on the Youtube App.  I'm no sound expert, but my best guess is the sound level is close to double from the Youtube than it was playing the mp3

119 Posts

December 22nd, 2010 11:00

I noticed a sound issue this morning when streaming Pandora on my drive home.  It was playing fine then I got a notification from gtalk and then the sound definitely was a lot lower.  After I got another notification the sound jumped back up to what it was initially.  I can't reproduce it yet but I will keep trying to see if there is any pattern.  I'll try copying some mp3s over and test as well.

15 Posts

December 23rd, 2010 00:00

Hi Amy.

I knew I'd remember something.

The Streak is as my previous post.

Bugs:

1) WiFi channel range
I am no longer able to choose the range of WiFi channels that I can use (or I can't find out where to change them). I know in the UK we can use a wider range than in the US, but I'm unable to tell the Streak this, whereas I could on the Donut release.

Many thanks.

15 Posts

December 23rd, 2010 00:00

Hi Amy.

Dell bought, factory unlocked unit.
OEM Ver.: GAUSB1A131800
Build No.: 12821

Trouble shooting: Full factory restore. Made sure I have nothing, other than stock items, running in the background.

Bugs:

1) Volume graphic
The volume graphic, when in landscape mode, is the reverse of the rocker. I.e. press the left side of the volume rocker and the graphic goes to the right., and vice-versa. In portrait it doesn't matter as much, but to me I think the graphic should go the other way in this orientation too.

2) Crashing on occasion.
Nothing I can put my finger on, but this release doesn't feel as stable as the Donut release. I didn't get crashes before, now I'm getting them a few times a week.

Performance issues:

1) Not smooth app drawer swipes.
The new app drawer (or whatever it's called, where you run applications from) isn't smooth at all when swiping from one screen to the next.

2) Not as quick as it could be?
Although the Froyo update makes the Streak somewhat faster than the Donut release, is it as fast as it could be, given that there are 3rd party 'tweaks' that will enable 'hardware acceleration' that's not enabled by default? Assuming this is the case, then yes, I have a performance issue!

As an aside, Amy, will you be taking feedback on features introduced with the Froyo update, and, more importantly, features lost?

If / when I remember / discover more, I will post back.

Many thanks.

119 Posts

December 24th, 2010 07:00

Is anyone else able to merge any contacts?  Would like to see if anyone out there with 2.2 on the streak is able to.

No Events found!