Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2011 06:00

Streak lock-up

My streak (2.2) has locked up with the fault message { process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again} and the a button with the message "Force close". When press the button a field appears with the options [Quit] [Copy log to SDCard] [Report by LOTA].  Regardless which option you choose you get back to the first messages , with the option "Force t close" and so on, going around in circles.

I have read on Google from Android users who have the same problem that the cause could be connected to the Google-mail account and Contact files. The solution, pressing various keys, is not possible on the Streak because I can't   access the keyboard. How can I restore the phone to normal operation?

119 Posts

January 18th, 2011 22:00

First, try this:

1. From the main home screen, tap menu
  2. Tap Settings, then Privacy
  3. Tap Factory data reset
  4. Tap Reset device
  5. Tap Erase everything

If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:

1. Turn the power off. If your Dell Streak is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. Press and release the Volume Down button until Factory Reset is highlighted
  5. Press and release the Camera button to select

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Dell Streak. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

119 Posts

January 18th, 2011 20:00

Have you tried a factory reset and then setting it up like new?  Worth a try.

7 Posts

January 18th, 2011 22:00

I have the same problem, how to to the factory reset?

2 Posts

January 19th, 2011 13:00

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Thank you for the tip. I was apprehensive to go down this route because I was frightened that this would take me back to the  Android 1.6 (Donut). To my relief this was not the case, the phone restarted with my latest software  Android 2.2 (FroYo) The only negative side of this solution is that I lost all applications. Luckily they were all free ones; I just have to spend some time to find them again.    

1 Message

January 28th, 2011 08:00

Ok, so the factory reset is a solution (and I fear it is my only one) but it seems like a rather drastic one without fixing the root of the problem. What actually causes the issue and how can I ensure it doesn't just happen again in future?

4 Posts

February 7th, 2011 08:00

OK so I tried the factory reset, and still nothing, all I get is Dell logo frozen on screen....Been on the phone for 30 mins so far on hold.  I dont think anyone works the Mobile Support line.....I am dead in the water without my phone.  Any suggestions on how to talk to a live person to get help?

7 Posts

February 18th, 2011 13:00

All options listed here WILL NOT WORK

You cant get to factory reset on version 2.2 as listed

The 2 volume button, power button feature will not work

Using the reset pin hole at the SIM cards will not work

You have to get it replaced, period

119 Posts

February 18th, 2011 13:00

All options listed here WILL NOT WORK

You cant get to factory reset on version 2.2 as listed

The 2 volume button, power button feature will not work

Using the reset pin hole at the SIM cards will not work

You have to get it replaced, period

Yes you can get to factory reset with the procedure I posted.  I have done it numerous times going between flashing various versions and roms.  Hold both volume buttons and continue to hold them.  this hit the the power button until the unit starts up and continue to hold the volume buttons untill you get to the stock recovery screen.  It does work.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2011 04:00

What is the point of supplying a brand new machine which offers you an upgrade to Android 2.2, having told you to back up information (contacts), which you have not yet synchronised onto the Streak using the old (original) 1.6 Android software and Dell sync software because the machine is new; then restore from the backup once 2.2 and Dell Nero Mobile sync is installed? No instructions.

What is the point of supplying a brand new machine which on the third day (all wasted) of non-usage comes up with the catch 22 circular message: "the android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" which can only be removed by a factory reset, if it can be, without knowing what caused the problem, even if the reset does work. 

The Streak is not yet merchantable and should be recalled and all purchasers reimbursed until:

These bugs are properly understood and proper documentation is supplied and Dell support is both reachable and understands the problems.

The Streak is a rip-off at present. Taking money for an inherently unstable product which is insufficiently documented and supported is in my view dishonest.

No Events found!