Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2013 04:00

Targus Keyboard Work-In Case for Dell Latitude 10 - How to purchase?

Recently purchased a Latitude 10 Essential and need a cover/keyboard for it. There are 2 different ones listed on the Dell site. I have already purchased the Kensington but it does not have openings for the camera even though the description states that it does have cutouts for both of the cameras. I do not understand how it can state features and not have them on the product. There is no way that I am going to take an Exacto and cut a hole in this case.

I would really like to buy the Targus Work-In Case for the Latitude 10. I have read alot of reviews on it and even found a video of it on Youtube and it is exactly what I am looking for. The only problem is that it is only an option if you purchase from the Work side of Dell.com and I purchased mine on the Home side. I have found it listed but there is no price, only a button to click to see the price and it does not work.

The LINK<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>is<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Can someone tell me where and how to purchase the Targus Keyboard Case? And a price would be nice.

I would also like to find out what Stylus will work with the Latitude 10 Essential. It does not matter if it is Dell branded or not.

Thanks

5 Posts

November 4th, 2013 23:00

Good news!

Mine has shipped as well. I ordered 9/22 and finally..!

November 5th, 2013 06:00

I received another delay notification, but this time, it has only been pushed out to November 11. I ordered mine on 9/27, so I guess if those who ordered on 9/22 are getting theirs, then the orders might be getting fulfilled in first-in, first-out sequence.

Until then, I purchased a plain jane 10" tablet pouch from Five Below for $5, just to at least keep the screen safe.

November 5th, 2013 10:00

Just ordered mine today.  My order confirmation shows ETA 11/18/13

My price was $71.99 before taxes.

1 Message

November 6th, 2013 13:00

Ordered mine 10/3  Just got an update that it is delayed again until 11/18.

940 Posts

November 7th, 2013 20:00

Still nothing. Not even a response from Dell.

1 Message

November 8th, 2013 06:00

I'm curious if you were able to get yours to work.  The touchpad on mine was too sensitive.  There is no adjustment for it so I had to shut it off before typing.  Otherwise, the cursor would jump around due to any pressure from the keys getting translated into the pad.

940 Posts

November 8th, 2013 17:00

jegourle

That seems to be a common problem with laptops running windows 8, I had the same problem with an XPS 10 tablet when the keyboard was attached as well as my old Dell Inspiron 1720 that I still use every day. I never saw this happen until after I upgraded to Windows 8 and then 8.1, worked fine with Vista and windows 7.

If you do a Google search on the problem you will get more results than you can read.

940 Posts

November 13th, 2013 14:00

Called Dell again today to find out if / when I will get the case and was told that it will be a minimum of 6 more weeks before they get any in if not longer. The rep recommends canceling the order and buying the Kensington case even after I had already let him know that I had already purchased one and did not like it.

He disconnected the call on me 3 times and called me back 2 of them. He said I should try and return the tablet but that was the last time he disconnected me while he was going to speak with someone in the returns team about this issue. I called and got to the returns team and all they keep saying without listening is you are past the 21 days. It is actually 30 days allowed now but I am past that. They need to stand behind their service and exchange it for another model that they do have the accessories for.

I have spent about $80,000 or more with Dell since the 1990's and this could cost them my business.

November 14th, 2013 12:00

I ordered on 11/5 with ETA 11/18. I just received delay till 11/22/13.

I was told by my Dell rep that these have a 6 weeks lead time.  Im not expecting to get it until middle of December.

940 Posts

November 14th, 2013 16:00

So I managed to get past the first line of reps that only wanted to cancel my order and spoke with a supervisor in the "Return Escalation Dept." and he started telling me the same thing and then told me that he would escalate my order and place it at the top so when they do get more in mine would be fist processed, but they will not have any for at least 6 weeks. He did offer to discount $20 from my order. I spent close to 4 hours on the phone in all.

About 2 1/2 hours later I get an email from Dell that it has shipped and it will be here tomorrow sometime.

So I guess calling and making a stink is the only way to get it.

13 Posts

November 19th, 2013 06:00

So I received mine last night, and I cannot get the damn keyboard to pair with the Latitude 10 tablet via bluetooth!

EDIT: Ended up turning off BT on the tablet and turning it back on - issue was it NEVER prompted for a code! The turning off of BT and back on made it start offering the binding code.

32 Posts

November 19th, 2013 06:00

I would sell your Latitude 10 and buy the Asus T100 which comes with a nice keyboard dock and is honestly 2-4 X quicker in everday use than my Latitude 10 was!

32 Posts

November 19th, 2013 09:00

You need to take a closer look as the Asus T100 uses the new Baytrail Atom processor along with Intel HD graphics and you get MS Office Home & Student 2013 along with the keyboard cover that also has USB 3.0 for $349! Honestly performance is like the difference between going from your current Atom to a low end Core i3 with Dell's nearest competitor the Venue Pro 11 but price that up with a keyboard dock :emotion-18:

13 Posts

November 19th, 2013 09:00

Looks like same hardware specs to me, and the Latitude has a rear hires camera. I do like the keyboard though. Guy at work has the Android version of this and it looks slick.

And I got the 64g model, which would be just about as much as I paid for the Dell + the keyboard.

13 Posts

November 19th, 2013 11:00

Thanx Andy, I will take a closer look. Thankfully, these are still selling on eBAY!

Looking at this, it doesn't specify what Intel Atom processor, and what Intel graphics. Also, that is the 32gb model, not enough storage for anything.

The 64g model is another $100.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/10-1-inch-tablet-with-32gb-memory/1846005.p?id=1219066204580&skuId=1846005&st=categoryid$pcmcat209000050008&cp=1&lp=1

No Events found!