Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2010 10:00

Time frame for Dell Venue Pro replacement?

Can someone please provide us with a time frame as to when the replacement DVPs are going to go out for (all) those who sent their defective units back in. My replacement order still shows up as "in production", and I put the replacement request in on the 23rd. 

Spoke with Dell Mobility on the matter and they were not able to provide me with any information on this.

Also, if someone has already received a replacement device please weigh in on this. Thanks.

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2011 06:00

I bought mine at the Microsoft Store on launch day.  I also exchanged it at the same store a week ago.  The production model has a less sensitive home key and seems to have longer battery life.  The camera still leaves much to be desired.  There is also now a software option to never turn off the screen automatically.  I use that when I'm plugged-in and listening to music at my desk.  Oddly enough, my engineering sample DVP had no problems with secure WiFi or the SIMM.  I debated whether I wanted to turn it in at all.  But I thought the production model might have some fixes that weren't disclosed and I would be better off with final hardware.  However, I haven't been able to connect to my home network since I got the new phone.  (Other networks seem to be fine so maybe....something on my end...but I'm using WiFi on my laptop to type this reply.)

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2011 16:00

After rebooting my wireless router my DVP connects to WiFi securely.  I'm not sure what the problem might have been.

22 Posts

January 3rd, 2011 11:00

Called Dell Mobility on Monday Dec 27th and arranged to have my faulty DVP replaced, still waiting.  Online status shows In Production.  I've called Dell Mobility every day since and nobody can give me a reason for the delay.  They first said it was due to the holiday rush, then bad weather, now they don't have any reason.  The rep said she has absolutely no idea why the replacement hasn't been sent out yet.

I trying to stay positive here.  If fully functional, this phone completely blows away the HD7.  I'm hoping that the reason behind Dell's replacement delays is that they are working on fixing a lot of our issues and want to send out reliable units.  If that's the case I'd be happy to wait another week or even longer.  There was a news article a while ago that said Dell was going to replace their staff's Blackberrys with DVPs.  If our DVP problems are as prevalent as we think, Dell's staff would be in a world of hurt.  Hopefully Dell is being responsible with this and are working hard to fix these problems, better communication would be nice.

32 Posts

January 3rd, 2011 11:00

I am in the exact same boat as you Bowman, and as long as you don't ask for a refund you will be just fine...

Like you, I have NO problem waiting a week or so for a solid replacement, but Dell needs to come out and say so if that's the case. Most of our frustration doesn't stem from just a broken phone, it stems from the fact that Dell has been so quiet about all this. I mean if their own Dell Mobility customer service doesn't know what is going on, and no one from the "Dell Cares Forum team" is providing timely responses, then what do we do?  

Dell's lack of response in regards to all of these problems is the PROBLEM!

No Events found!