Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2014 15:00

Toggle screen

I have a Venue 8 Pro and my screen won't toggle. When I go to settings the toggle button isn't there. How can I get my screen to toggle and rotate as I rotate my tablet?

915 Posts

December 27th, 2014 17:00

And you're doing a right swipe and then going to Settings and then choosing the Screen icon, and you don't then have a small screen icon at the top of the screen brightness gauge that you can click, to toggle the screen lock off and on?

I seem to recall once having lost that button and ability once, but then got it back--I can't recall what I had done but remember not finding anything, and think I simply turned the tablet off normally and restarted it--all then was fine.

December 27th, 2014 18:00

When I go to settings it only has Personalize, Tile and Help. The ions on the bottom are WiFi connection, sound, brightness, notification, power and keyboard. There's no screen settings.

915 Posts

December 27th, 2014 20:00

It's under Brightness.  Click on that icon, and you should get a vertical brightness slider.  At the top of that, there should be a screen shape--when you click on that, it should toggle the screen orientation lock off and on. 

No Events found!