Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

April 4th, 2017 10:00

Touch Screen Problems

I have a Venue 8 pro 5830, I just got it and when I booted up it went to Windows just fine but he touch screen wouldn't respond so I took it a part to see if cables were loose they didn't seem to have any problems so I unplugged them and put them back in and when I tried to use it started showing Ghost taps and would open what ever was in that area, and I have read and seen a lot of problems for this and was wondering if there was any way to connect it to my laptop and run some program to check whats happening.

Or maybe just replace the touch screen ? if that's the problem, or maybe some one has found a fix for this. I'm thinking that maybe problem for graphics card . 

I did run the diagnostics from a boot up with power both volume buttons and tap windows button it checked all the systems and said it passed . But it still not able to tap on an app and have it come except for certain apps , maybe there in area of screen that works and that's why it opens, I really hope someone here has some advice. Thanks for looking.  

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 5th, 2017 10:00

Hi vtails,

Thanks for posting. Glad you ran the diagnostics, please read this article: http://dell.to/2nKEEaq and if that's not working, please contact Tech Support for additional assistance. 

18 Posts

April 5th, 2017 16:00

I so happy that someone read my post and i did do Some of things but it wasn't working.

But when I booted to BIOS  the touch screen worked perfect. So I read here in forums about HOW TO BOOT TO RESET. I didn't have any fi!es to save so Why not cause if screen worked in BIOS then its not the screen, By the way some young friends of mine have Computer store that sells and repairs New and Used. They gave me thé 2 tablets this  Dell and a Verizon Ellipsis 7, said that both had screens and M/B issues from water and abuse. They said they Couldn't be Fixed.

Well I'm HAPPY to post that I have repaired both of them... The Venue was Corrupt so I reinstalled  Win 8.1 after it booted I update bios from A03 to A14 and all the hardware software. It was the OS that was bad .

So if anyone thinks touch  screen is bad try booting to Bios and see if it works. If it does then you need to reinstall WINDOWS,  In Bios check what version you have if less than A14 then you need to update. I did have problem D/L the updates after I installed Windows and d/l om my computer and put tnem on the Micro SD then I ran bios update first then the rest.   Thanks to all that have posted Fixes.

18 Posts

April 5th, 2017 16:00

Sorry about going on in post.... Now I could use help for updating to Win 10.   Mainly where to find the  IOS or the windows 10 file to D/l , I 'm guessing that you have to use the MEDIA CREATION TOOL but not sure if you put it on SD card or do all of it from IE on tablet !!! Thanks

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 6th, 2017 08:00

vtails,

Try posting about the Win 10 in the Software board under the Windows 10 section, or contact natakuc4 directly, he can help with OS issues.

18 Posts

April 6th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for info But I did some surfing and decided to download MCT and it took hour or longer but its on 1607 win 10 so im done thanks to all that helped

No Events found!