Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2010 14:00

US Streak crashing during heavy use.

I am currently on my second streak, the first one had speaker contacts that quit functioning, the only way to get sound was to pinch the phone where the speaker was to make the contacts.  The second streak I recieved worked fine for about 3 days and then it crashed in the middle of a game.  I didn't think much of it at the time but it proceded to do it again and again. I have figured out how to get it to crash in no time at all.  To crash it I just have to open as many aps as I can and then go to one that has the ability to scroll, such as google maps, or a large web page.  Once there I can just scroll up down all around until it crashes. I don't mean casually scrolling I mean going as fast as I can to confuse the poor phone and it will crash every time.

This was not an issue with the first streak I had but then again I did upgrade it to 2.1 within a week of having it.  So I am not sure if this is an issue with this device or this OS.  I would like some other streak owners out there to follow my directions and see if they can also get theirs to crash with 1.6.  I am recieving a replacement phone from dell today and will try and crash it just as soon as I get it.  I would like more than a couple of phones if this proves to be an issue with the new one also.

When the phone crashes, the led lights at the bottom will flash several times pause and then flash again and repeat until it reboots. Please test what I have found and see what you find.  Lets get dell to fix their phones!!!!

1 Message

August 3rd, 2011 03:00

The same situation! I think in my case the proble is related to wireless module (i think) - to stopreboot loop I have to quickly enabe fly mode. Then after a minute everything is ok, for a while.

Reproduced mostly using navigation programms (that\'s why I thought it's a GPS problem), but several times was during playing a game.

No Events found!