Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2015 07:00

Unlock Bootloader

Pls help me unlock the bootloader Of my dell venue 7 3730 3g version.

I know there are guidelines for the 3740 model onwards.

It would be much help to me as am not in a situation to buy a new tablet.

I am attaching a screenshot for the specufications.

1 Attachment

14 Posts

December 11th, 2015 01:00

Make sure your computer has working fastboot and adb.

Enable USB debugging on the device.

Enable OEM unlock in the Developer options settings on the device. (Note: Not all devices have this setting, so continue with next step if yours does not.)

Connect the device to the computer through USB.

From a terminal on a computer, type the following to boot the device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader Android training in chennai <ADMIN NOTE:  TOU Violation removed per policy>

Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC sees the device by typing fastboot devices

If you don't see your device serial number, and instead see " ", fastboot is not configured properly on your machine. See fastboot documentation for more info.

If you see "no permissions fastboot", try running fastboot as root.

From the same terminal, type the following command to unlock the bootloader: fastboot oem unlock
On some devices, a disclaimer will display on the device that must be accepted. Use the volume keys to cycle through the options. Pressing the power button should confirm your selection. If no disclaimer appears, you can run fastboot oem device-info which will tell you if the device is unlocked
If the device doesn't automatically reboot, reboot it from the menu. It should now be unlocked. You can confirm this is the case if you see an unlocked icon at the bottom of the Google boot screen during reboots.

Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging on the device to continue.

No Events found!