Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2011 03:00

Unlocked Dell streak is asking for Network Unlock Code.

Recently I have bought a Unlocked dell streak from Dell online shopping. When I inserted SIM it is asking for Network Unlock Code. When I contacted dell techinical support I was kept online for more than 30 min with out any respose.

If one faced similar problem please suggest how to over come this.

15 Posts

February 15th, 2011 07:00

Short of reflashing your Streak there's no way to remove the network lock feature on a locked phone. I know you indicated that you purchased an Unlocked version. I would make 100% sure you didn't purchase he wrong device by going to your invoice and making sure you see "Unlocked". I just checked the website and was presented with two options for the Dell Streak and both options are for a "Network Locked" version, one for $199 for At&t and another for $99 which doesn't specify a network but does specify it's network locked with a 2-year contract. I did not see the option for the good 'ol "Unlocked Dell Streak". I wonder if they don't sell those anymore....

If you are 100% sure you purchased an unlocked version, it is also possible they sent you the wrong version of the Streak, or even more possible that they installed a network lock rom in your non-network branded phone. With Dell the possibilities are endless. :emotion-1:

---------- EDIT -----------

I went a little deeper in the $99 option and indeed found the Unlocked Dell Streak. Here's how should show in your invoice:

Carbon Black 16GB Memory UTMS Unlocked

7 Posts

February 16th, 2011 00:00

I bought the unlocked version for $ 399 in January 2010 and in invoice also it was showing as unlocked version. I am very much frustrated with this. The Tech Support guys are unable to provide the postive answere for this.

15 Posts

February 16th, 2011 19:00

I think you mean 2011 because it was not available until May of 2010. And the price seems wrong, When I bought mine it was $549, now it is $449 for both Unlocked and At&t no contract. Seems you bought the $399 1yr contract one.

7 Posts

February 16th, 2011 19:00

yeh it is Jan 2011, and the price was 399 initially for unlocked version now the dell has raised it ot 449 and providing a Gift copon also. I bought the Unlocked version.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2011 21:00

Dell has assigned my issue to AT&T and they have provided me the network unlock code with in one week time. I am happy about resolution my issue. But I am still on Donut 1.6 and unable to update to froyo 2.2.

15 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 11:00

That definitely confirms you got an At&t locked phone and they just gave you an unlock code to unlock it. However it still At&t that has to release the update to froyo. The unlocked version got the update months ago.

February 22nd, 2011 18:00

Dell seems to make mistakes in shipping the model ordered. I ordered a Dell Streak locked to Rogers Wireless, Canada. It was the only Streak they would sell me in Canada. When it arrived it wouldn't recognize my Rogers SIM card. On checking the invoice it said plainly: "locked to AT&T". I sent it back and asked for a refund... hopefully it will come in a week or two.

Leslie Anne

March 10th, 2011 00:00

Hi Chaitanya,

I bought my Dell streak from Best Buy , York,PA,USA. for $499 without AT&T contract on Mar'11

i want the unlock code to use it. Please help to get my unlock code, where i need to contact Dell support , do you have any email id.

Saravana

7 Posts

March 13th, 2011 11:00

Hi Saravana,

If you go to Dell.com you can generate the Express service code, by punching that code on you mobile phone while making call to customer care you can reach the exact support desk. The tech support guy at dell will forword the request for unlock code to AT & T people and they will get back to you with in a weak time with Unlock code.

Apart from this I have received the Unlock code from this mail id : okcqsubun@awsmail.att.com

hope this information will help you.

Regards

Krishna Chaitanya

March 13th, 2011 18:00

If all else fails (and it often does!) try http://www.unlockstreak.com. I used their method and successfully unlocked my Rogers Wireless (Canada) Dell Streak for $29. Their method reads the unlock code from the phone which you then enter when it announces that it needs a key to unlock and use the SIM presently in place. It's a little more difficult than just sending in an IMEI or inserting an unlocking card (Rebel SIM) but it works and after that there is nothing to do except use it.

Total cost for the phone and unlocking was $129 CDN. Good deal!

Good luck!

Leslie Anne

March 13th, 2011 22:00

Hi Krishna Chaitanya, Leslie Anne,

Thanks for your suggestion, yesterday i tried http://dellstreakunlock.com .

i gave my streak model and IMEI number and $35 , they send the unlock code through SMS and email.

It is unlocked now, and working fine.Thanks to rebel Team for their commitment and action with in one day.

Saravana

India:emotion-1:

7 Posts

March 17th, 2011 12:00

Hi Saravana,

You might have approched Dell rather than buying the unlock code from somebody, who might have called Up dell gave your IMEI and got the Unlock code and sold it to you for 35 bucks.  yup any how its your discretion. cheers and enjoy using streak.

Regards

Chaitanya

:emotion-4:

No Events found!