Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2011 21:00

Unlocking the DVP

I am a happy owner of a DVP for the past few months on AT&T, even though I've gotten the 7.5 (Mango) update really late on my device compared to other carriers/devices.

Jumping right into my query, I am currently abroad and wish to use my DVP, but can't because it is locked to the AT&T network. AT&T for some weird reason does not recognize my device and their reps say that they do not have my unlock code, and Dell directs me to my carrier for the codes. I know other users have faced this problem, but I haven't seen a clear answer about a single point of contact that will readily provide the unlock code for the phones.

Who do I contact that I may unlock my phone ASAP and continue using it ? I'll be abroad for close to a month, and really don't want to end up buying a temporary sim/unlocked dumbphone out here for that period. I'd really like to use my DVP.

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 30th, 2011 22:00

ax13,

You can send an email with your information, I think they need your IMEU number, to unlockcoderequest@Dell.com

You'll recieve an email with information.

Rick

5 Posts

December 31st, 2011 05:00

Thanks a lot Rick! I'll try this out and will be sure to update my experience here.

Regards,

Ax

5 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi Rick,

While the Dell Team seemed to be amicable and tried to help me, they were apparently blocked by AT&T from providing me with an unlock code for my device.

I got this phone on contract with AT&T about 5 months ago, so I am on a contract for the next 1 year and 7 months. Does this mean I won't be able to use my phone abroad ever?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ax

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 09:00

Ax,

I have read that Dell usually send information to help with unlocking, but I don't know the terms.

If you have been with ATT for a long period of time, it may be possible to cointact them and they'll help with unlocking it. They usually help with unlocking a phone when people are going to other Countries, so they can still use their phones there. Not sure about ATT's policy.

Rick

No Events found!