Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2014 22:00

Venue 11 Pro 5130 Mobile keyboard battery not recognized

My Venue 11 Pro mobile keyboard works, sort of, but the tablet no longer recognizes that there is a battery in it.  The battery monitor simply says Battery 2: not present.

Can anyone shed any insight on this issue?

1 Message

August 10th, 2014 08:00

This may not be helpful to you anymore, but maybe someone else is searching.  I had the same problem.  On a whim I tried charging JUST the keyboard (you have to detach the tablet, the charging port is there in the hinge area on the keyboard) for about 5 minutes. Then, I re-docked the tablet, plugged it in and turned it back on.  It recognizes the keyboard battery now and is charging it.  My assumption is that the battery was completely drained and wasn't being recognized (which seems ridiculous to me, but whatever).  Now, with a little bit of charge the software is recognizing the keyboard and charging it.  Hope that is helpful to someone!!

12 Posts

January 15th, 2015 13:00

I've had a combination of these issues on two different keyboards.

The first keyboard had the issue when the battery was recognised but did not charge, or discharge. It also did not charge when connected direct to the charger. Fixed eventually by taking apart the keyboard, disconnecting the battery connector, attaching the dock and then re-connecting the battery.  Used these instructions to dismantle the keyboard:  [View:www.youtube.com/watch]

The second keyboard arrived, and the battery was not recognised by the tablet.  A quick charge directly with the usb charger seemed to give it enough charge for the battery to be recognised and function normally.

1 Message

July 1st, 2014 20:00

same problem and I haven't seen anything anywhere that suggest a fix. ....that is even worse

3 Posts

October 13th, 2014 07:00

here's what I found when doing some testing around the Power Settings of our Dell Venue Pro 11's (5130) Windows 8.1 Enterprise, latest BIOS, Drivers etc etc

If you have processor C-States disabled in the BIOS, the Travel Keyboard functions but the Battery does not appear in the list, if you enable C-States again, the Keyboard works, the Battery is detected & appears as Battery 2 in the list ...!

Hope that helps ....

17 Posts

January 5th, 2015 19:00

I still don't have an answer to this.  It was intermittent, working and then not working.  Did not seem to be associated with drained battery or the C states issue.  The Venue Pro 11 has been one of the most disappointing products I've ever purchased in terms of stylus issues, keyboard battery issues, etc.  I would never recommend it to anyone.

1 Message

August 7th, 2015 09:00

You are a genius.  I had 2 with the same problem and this fixed them.  Both batteries were completely dead

1 Message

September 16th, 2015 12:00

This worked for me to solve the problem.

1 Message

January 27th, 2016 17:00

Hi, your tips really worked for my case. I had the same problem with my mobile keyboard (working, but battery  not present). I tried the second one first, cause it was much easier but didn't work out. So I decided to dismantle my keyboard watching the clip you've linked. 

I disconnected the battery connector then attached it to the dock, open the dell venue and re-connected the battery. Then my dell venue 11 finally recognized the second battery again. 

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Message

September 5th, 2017 17:00

This solved my problem of 'Battery is not available for use.' Thanks a million.

3 Posts

March 12th, 2019 14:00

Thank you - this fixed that problem for me.  I didn't realize there was a charging port in the hinge.  I appreciate your assistance - almost 5 years after your post and you still helped someone!

2 Posts

April 9th, 2020 11:00

I have found solution for my problem. My problem was:

Keyboard was not displaying both in BIOS and Windows. I've tried installing keyboard fix from Dell, tried Power management from Dell. Nothing helped.

I have tried to charge Travel keyboard both through built-in USB and tablet -- nothing helped. Tried different cables, tried upgrading/downgrading BIOS - zero result.

I've tried to reincarnate battery several days by trying different scenarios...

But suddenly on 3rd day it started working, I absolutely don't know why. I left it plugged into charger (keyboard connected to tablet) and probably that helped, but I swear I tried it before too, but this time keyboard battery somehow started working.

But strangiest part that LED indicator on keyboard still flashes only for 30 seconds and turns off, while making bzzz sound. But with tablet connected it charges.

I've already been thinking of buying new battery, honestly. But fortunately it started working again.

1 Message

May 24th, 2021 20:00

Thank you! Worked perfect.

I loaned my Venue 11 to a friend 2 years ago and had to ask for it back recently. 

I have another keyboard issue. Many of the keys do not work. I've taken the back off and removed battery in the hope I could find an easy way to access the keyboard membrane for cleaning but it doesn't appear to be accessible.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

No Events found!