Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2014 18:00

Venue 11 Pro (7130 LTE) GPS

I  have the 7130 with Verizon LTE and I cannot get GPS location to work.  I have allowed location in settings. I have the latest Sierra 5808e driver installed, ver 5.6.1403.4081, A01.  I see the 58008e DM as Com3 and the NMEA as Com5.  The Sierra Aircard Watcher shows 7 GPS satellites but is stuck at initializing.  I have been working with tech support and have had the WWAN card replaced twice with no change.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get GPS location working?

9 Posts

September 30th, 2014 07:00

Ah, same here. I think this issue is one that has to be resolved with patience. I remember my old Galaxy S[1] a few years back had a severe problem with locking it's internal GPS. Since the Sierra card uses the same Qualcomm LTE/GPS chipset in most mobile devices, taking the tablet with you on a long drive or when traveling is probably the best [only?] solution. Once it locks to the satellites, it should store them for quicker subsequent locks. I still have yet to try this solution myself however.  

Try using Sensor Diagnostics Tool from the Windows Driver API. You can download it from here: http://repo.centrafuse.com/centrafuse/Localizer/Tools/SensorDiagnotics.zip

9 Posts

October 1st, 2014 07:00

If you download GPS Satellite from the Windows Store check it with internet off to see if it uses the GPS data. If not, one trick another poster on this forum stated is to disable 'Windows Location Provider' listed under 'Sensors' in Device Manager.

2 Posts

October 1st, 2014 07:00

Thanks Sollapse, my Sierra Aircard Watcher app finally started getting GPS fixes while I was travelling on the train.  However, the GPS data does not seem to be feeding to either Bing Maps or Here Maps.  Both map apps show my location several hundred miles away while the Aircard Watcher shows my accurate location.

I haven't been able to find any way to get the map apps to get my GPS location, any ideas?

1 Message

November 9th, 2014 09:00

your link is not working, the good one is : repo.centrafuse.com/.../sensordiagnostictool.zip

i have a Dell VPRO11 model 7130 with dell 5570e card (3G+ 42mbps) , and worked for me. I used the above program to check also the other tablet sensors, all is ok.

No Events found!