Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2014 20:00

Venue 11 Pro 7130 i3 Poor Battery Life & Battery Drain in Connected Standby

I have the i3 variant, and at idle, i lose 15% battery life per hour (task manager shows cpu usage <3%). I have wifi on, slim keyboard, screen brightness at 40%, and run avast antivirus. Battery drains even faster if i do anything at all. my powercfg energy report doesn't seem to show any major problems

when it goes to sleep / connected standby, i lose approximately 6% per hour (consistent from 30min all the way up to 15hours). this happens even if my sleep study report shows between 0%-1% active time for top 5 processes.

In my sleep study report, top 5 processes during connected standby are always the following (not always in the same order):

CPU C0 Time

SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

Dell Wireless 1537 802.11 a/g/n

Low Power Phase

Either Intel HD Graphics Family or  USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

In my energy report, it shows error that "USB Suspend: USB Device not entering selective suspend" when I have the keyboard connected.

I have a keyboard fix installed.

in the energy report, it shows warning that wifi adapter power profile does not support low-power mode. I have wireless driver version 3.7.2.59652

August 28th, 2014 17:00

So last night I tried letting the machine sleep in airplane mode with sound muted. Still drained 75% in 11 hours...

Any ideas??? Really frustrated with the venue right now since the poor battery life / drain during sleep makes it very NOT portable.

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 02:00

May be you would like to review the following thread at Dell fórum that already has a lot of comments and actions from several people with the same problema: http://commweb-ps3.us.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19538996.aspx?pi239031352=13
No Events found!