Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2014 06:00

Venue 11 Pro (7130 vPro) keyboard battery not detected

Hi!

After finally receiving my Venue 11 Pro (7130 vPro) from repair the keyboard battery is not detected anymore. The keyboard works just fine, but the battery is not in use. Sometimes after waking from hibernation I receive this message from Dell Power Manager: "The system cannot communicate with your battery."

So, any help on this new issue? :emotion-43:

September 30th, 2014 22:00

I also had my Venue Pro 11 repaired by Dell and I get the same message all the time.

Come on Dell - are you watching these support forums at all.  The least you can say is "there is no solution for this yet.

October 15th, 2014 09:00

I did mention in my post before yours that I do not have the extra battery keyboard. It's the thin keyboard only but I still get the error message.

4 Posts

October 15th, 2014 09:00

I have exactly the same issue. I have recently purchased a mobile keyboard to increase the battery life of the tablet whilst working and I have yet to see the battery announced present. I've tried charging the keyboard overnight (as suggested in another thread) as well as disabling and re-enabling processor C-sates in the bios (again, suggested in another thread), all to no avail unfortunately.

It's a pretty frustrating problem. Hopefully Dell will have a solution for us soon, though an acknowledgement of the problem would be appropriate just now, imo.

12 Posts

March 16th, 2015 18:00

I detached the keyboard from Venue 11, and charged the keyboard directly.  (There's a microUSB charging port on the keyboard, at where it locks in with Venue 11.)

After charging for an hour, the keyboard's battery was detected by Venue 11 when connected.

15 Posts

March 17th, 2015 08:00

be careful charging the battery on the keyboard directly. I did that last night and today I the mouse cursor was missing. Took me a hour to find out that you needed to take the case of the keyboard, disconnect the battery, connect it to the tablet, mouse cursor was there, then disconnect and put battery back in it and then cover.

gotoanswer.stanford.edu't+responding

1 Message

March 21st, 2015 14:00

I had my DV11P come back from repair with it not responding to my keyboard battery. Turns out the tech who took it apart loosened the cable that connects the tablet's docking port to the Motherboard. I had to open my Venue 11 pro and realign the cable before it detected my keyboard again.

There's no way to really check this unless you open the tablet.

1 Message

November 19th, 2015 15:00

Dell has a KB article about the battery needing to have at least 5% charge to be recognized.

www.dell.com/.../EN

No Events found!