Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2014 22:00

Venue 11 Pro tablet keyboard battery not charging

Hello!

I own a Venue 11 Pro (Atom version), and have a mobile keyboard dock to go along with it. I bought the add on primarily to be more productive with the tablet, but also to extend the battery life. However, after receiving it, it does not charge, and does not get recognized as a battery. 

The dock works perfectly as a keyboard and mouse. Windows power settings say that there is only one battery (Battery 2: Not connected). When I plug the dock in to charge through it's own micro USB port, the charging indicator LED on the side does not show up.

I think the dock needs to be sent in for repairs, but does anybody out there have any workarounds they'd like to propose?

Thank you very much!

4 Posts

March 20th, 2014 14:00

I have a Venue 11 Pro 7130 and am experiencing a similar issue. The mobile keyboard used to charge when the tablet was plugged in, but is no longer doing so. For example, right now the tablet (Battery #1) is fully charged, and the keyboard (Battery #2) is indicating "plugged in, charging," but the % power available for Battery #2 keeps decreasing -- which indicates to me that it is NOT in fact charging.

Suggestions?

ETA: When the keyboard power reached 0, the tablet shut off, even when it was fully charged. I am using the tablet with the keyboard (at 0% battery), but when I plug in the microUSB power to the tablet while it is docked in the keyboard (0% battery), the tablet (fully charged) crashes/shuts down. 

1 Message

May 5th, 2014 08:00

I have the Venue 11 Pro - i3 version along with the mobile keyboard dock.   My issue is that the keyboard dock does not charge overnight  when docked with the tablet.  The workflow is to dock the tablet, connect the charger to the tablet and then let it charge overnight.  When I wake up, I expect to see that both the tablet and the dock are charged to 100%.  However, on two occasions now when I wake up I find that only the tablet is charged and the keyboard dock is 0%. 

Anyone know why?

9 Posts

August 31st, 2014 11:00

I got the mobile keyboard and have had a message pop up about a USB power surge. Any suggestions for these power issues? I prefer the mobile keyboard to the slim but fear i may need to return it if it does not charge and discharge properly.

After experiencing many frustrations with the Venue 11, I thought the mobile keyboard was the answer to at least one of my problems. I hope it does not turn out to be yet another headache.

22 Posts

November 6th, 2014 13:00

I had a similiar problem (Venue-11vPro 7130).

Today Dell replaced the motherboard, the USB charger and the USB port on the motherboard.

Now it works !

Henry

2 Posts

September 18th, 2015 10:00

Same issue. I will read down further to see if anyone has addressed this problem. To me, it came all of the sudden. One day charging no problem (both keyboard dock and tablet) now tablet not charging. Plugging in and depleting.

3 Posts

September 19th, 2015 18:00

My 7130 i5 was charging the keyboard until I updated to Windows 10, now while plugged into the Dell charger, the table is 98%, the keyboard battery dies and the tablet powers down. Bad idea in my mind.

No Events found!