Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

PB

August 22nd, 2014 14:00

Venue 7 won't keep time.

Hello,

I bought a Dell Venue 7 a month ago and the blasted thing won't keep time! I turn it on and the time is correct but as it sits the time goes completely crazy. All the settings seem to be correct but still no correct time. Trying to get a hold of Dell for this issue has been tough so I'm reaching out to you for help.

6 Posts

August 25th, 2014 07:00

Hi there,

My son's New Venue 7 also loses time.

When it wakes up after "sleeping", the time is always wrong. A full reboot is required to get the time back.

Settings are okay here too. However I notice that when the time is wrong, it seems that the timezone does not correctly calculate the Daylight Savings Time adjustment.

It seems more and more people are bringing up this issue across the Internet. I hope Dell / Google take a long look at this very, very annoying problem.

B.

August 31st, 2014 20:00

I had a android update and now it keeps time just fine.

3 Posts

September 1st, 2014 06:00

I have had a venue 7 for a month as well and have the same problem. It will NOT keep time. Have not tried a full reboot. Hope someone has a solution. 

3 Posts

September 1st, 2014 08:00

Am happy to say that I just did Venue  upgrade and clock issue is fixed!

5 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 11:00

I felt the same way, I called Dell Support a couple times and felt like I kept getting a run-around and not a straight clear answer that said, "It's an update problem to the OS and we're fixing it."  I didn't know if it was my device only or what was going on. 

7 Posts

October 28th, 2014 14:00

I have the same issue,  what did you do to fix it?

January 22nd, 2015 02:00

My Dell Venue 7 3G,Voice Calling Tablet is not keeping correct time,tried both manual and automatic configuration and time zone.but still not keeping correct time.

Tried rebooting multiple times, and all settings are fine, but the issue still persists and the tablet is not keeping correct time,.

Dell support, Please provide a solution ASAP.

No Events found!