Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2014 19:00

Venue 8 3840 is an embarassment

The tablet crashes regularly while browsing using chrome, dolphin, Firefox... it drops one back to the home screen with no error messages. Best browsing experience I've found is using the "boat mini" browser. It requires minimal ram and apparently that minimizes the crashes... though they still occur they are much less frequent.

This is a crippled device that Dell should not be selling... if the product can't run chrome in a stable fashion with even one window open there is something drastically wrong... contemporary low end competitor products handle that with no problem...

Dell needs to own up to this fiasco !

January 2nd, 2015 22:00

I have this same tablet and I have the same problems, everything is just crashing. The only thing I could say is, "this isn't stable." One thing I'm surprised about is I bought it in October, and I'm surprised they sold you this a couple months later, when these problems are well known.

Two Things I want answered:
1. What's covered by the warranty?

I bought the tablet for a trip, by the time I came back the 30 days were up. I want to know what's covered by the Hardware Warranty, does it cover this, clearly this is a problem with the tablet.

2. Why aren't we discussing fraud?

This is clearly if not borderline fraud. This product is absolute garbage and they know it, yet they continue to sell it to the general public. How in the world is this not criminal?

No Events found!