Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2016 20:00

Venue 8 Pro 5000 series - white LED when plugged in, amber LED when pressing power, and that's it

I have a Venue 8 Pro (5000 series) that won't turn on. If I plug it in to charge, the white LED stays lit. If I attempt to power it on, the LED turns amber for a few seconds before going back to white, and nothing else happens.

What are my options here? Is this a bad board or do I just need a new battery?

September 8th, 2016 16:00

What is happening is that the tablet's battery is so low that even when it is plugged in it does not have enough juice to get it started. Have you tried leaving it to charge for an hour then trying to power it on?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

September 12th, 2016 07:00

Hi shifuimam,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information regarding the light on the Venue 8 Pro:

LED status What it means

Solid White The battery is charging.

Solid Amber The battery is at low level with the tablet is on or in a connected standby state - the screen is off but the tablet is still turned on.

Off The battery is not charging or the battery is fully charged.

Flashing Amber The battery is at a critical level and does not have enough charge to power on. If the power button is pressed during this state, the LED will turn on for 3 seconds and then turn off. Continue charging the tablet.

Normally, the battery will require about 4 hours to fully charge. If you wish to check the charge status, press and release the power button (next to the micro-USB port on the right edge of the tablet) and enter the operating system.

Regards,

Robert

64 Posts

July 30th, 2019 22:00

what does it mean when the amber light flash 7 times?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 31st, 2019 10:00

Hi 53XYT1G3R,

I see you have another post.  We can assist you in Private Message when you send us the tag number, but the answer to your question can be found in this document.

No Events found!