Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2014 03:00

Venue 8 Pro Black Screen when 3G is enabled

Hello, i'm new and i purchased a V8P 3G 3 days ago, and i'm facing some issues.
The V8P has latest drivers, updates and BIOS ( A05 ).
Wifi connection seems to work sometimes, some others it appears as connected but i can't use the net, i have to disconnect and reconnect. Other times the network driver seems to have problems( yellow triangle ), and i have to restart or disinstall and let recognise the HW...strange, the driver is the newest one.

But the biggest problem is, if i activate the 3G and put it to sleep/standby, after 2-3 times the monitor stays black and the only thing i can do is to "reset" windows by keep pressing the power button. This is an insane bug, i can't keep the 3G active, before switch the display off i MUST put it to airplane...meh.
I tried all things described on other threads, like manipulate bios settings, reinstall gpu drivers, but nothing worked, the black screen keeps showing, and ONLY with 3G enabled.
Is there anything i can do? I'm really disappointed with this driver issues, i have an inspiron too and i'm really happy with this, but this V8P is driving me crazy.

p.s. sorry if my English is not perfect :)

2 Posts

May 21st, 2014 03:00

Thanks for the answers, i returned back the V8P  :emotion-42:

Will check in future for a more mature product, bye.

October 21st, 2014 07:00

Hello, I had the same issue and tried all possible solution (reformatting my tablet 6 times) updating drivers, windows update files, etc...nothing helped. At the end I found a similar issue for a Dell venue 11 Pro user who suggested to disable TPM and Bitlocker. As soon as I disabled bitlocker from Win8 control panel and also TPM/Bitlocker from the Bios (Secure boot - Disabled) , the tablet started to wake from sleep without any issue...it's been 1 week now and it has not failed once (it used to get black screen 3-4 times  a day before the change).

No Events found!