Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2012 22:00

Venue Pro Service Tag Not Identified / Unlock Issue

Greetings,

I have a (sim-free/ unlocked) DVP AWS Version.

I have been following up this matter with Dell Mobility over the past one week and feel if some speedy resolution to this matter is possible, hence am posting on the Support Forum

1. My service tag was not identified. After a few email exchanges and a call I found out that if the Dell device was purchased from a retail outlet (other than Dell online / store) the I had to visit dell.com/register and get my device registered. Hence, I added my service tag there and then completed the entire registration process which finally said Thank you for registering... product successfully registered. This was last week. Yet, even as of date the dell site says Service Tag not identified.

2. Due to the above issue - I am not able to

a) Check my warranty status

b) Wanted to see my warranty and upgrade warranty if possible

c) not able to chat with technical support

d) Do Ownership transfer (Dell Mobility Team says this is needed if I want to contact support / get device unlocked)

d) have the unlock code for the device

Basically, I felt that if I have a sim-free / unlocked version would mean that I could insert any SIM and it would work. But from numerous posts out here and on the web I find that even though we buy the sim-free version we need to have it unlocked for any network from DELL.

Could someone please guide me as what needs to be done to have this issue resolved?

10 Posts

January 16th, 2012 02:00

Great! how much it will cost for me?

18 Posts

January 16th, 2012 06:00

thank you for your offer. There are many people who can unlock it and it takes only 10 minutes I am aware of it. But according to me, its Dells responsibility to provide me with the unlock code. I will wait for the process to be completed.

10 Posts

January 16th, 2012 07:00

It is Dell responsibility only in case, when you bought your phone through official site. In other cases Dell can reject your request. And as I know it will be in that way. It will be very difficult to get unlock code from Dell, if your Service Tag is absent in Dell's database.

18 Posts

January 16th, 2012 07:00

Well if you purchased the phone via a retail store paying close to the full price box packed sealed without contract then my understanding is that it is Dells responsibility. The MSRP of DVP is USD 299.99 so if you buy it at a little discount from a retail store then Dell needs to provide you warranty and unlock code. But say you purchase the phone at USD 50 / 100 or something like that and the box / phone says its a LOCKED / UNDER CONTRACT phone (usually the box packing say so) only then can Dell say that its not its responsibility. Further, when I registered on Dell site using www.dell.com/register and I filled up all details the message stated Your device has been successfully registered. Not sure what takes them 30 days to update it on their systems.

No Events found!