Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2015 01:00

Venue11 & Intel RapidStart causing disk failure messages when in "Sleep"

Hi All,

I've had this problem on and off for about 6 months now, whereby the Venue11 will reboot itself and come up with a disk fail problem (see attached picture). Just rebooting cures the problem, and running analysers on the disk indicates no failures. Although Dell Support have been helpful in offering to replace the disk hardware, I'm not convinced it's a hardware fault.

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed this down to a problem with the Intel Rapid Start driver, in combination with putting the tablet into "Sleep" rather than a full shutdown. also it doesn't happen when hibernating. Venue 11 is 7130 on Win8.1 with all the latest recommended drivers, updates (to mid March 2015) and Bios (A14).

Reimaging the tablet from scratch doesn't cure it, and removing the RapidStart program causes errors elsewhere (e.g. bluetooth drivers) so this isn't an option. Bios settings are set for Intel RapidStart also.

Any ideas before I send the tablet back to Dell, who will just replace the hardware and/or reimage the disk, which I'd like to avoid since it takes about 2-3 to rebuild every time) ?

Thanks

DS

13 Posts

March 24th, 2015 01:00

Screenshot of failure messages:

1 Attachment

No Events found!