Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 12th, 2013 13:00

Video Driver and Bios (both A06) Graphics Issues

I upgraded my bios to A06 on 7/10, when it was released. I also upgraded my Intel drivers, including the graphics drivers, on 7/10 to version A06 when released. All seemed well at first. However, certain Windows 8 Apps, such as the Lync Windows App, have graphics issues.

All of the text and labels in the Lync app are white or black boxes, including what I type in the messages window. It makes it unusable. I have tried to reinstall the graphics driver. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the Lync App. Nothing works.

I believe this is an Intel graphics driver issue. The old drivers had no such issues. The old drivers do not seem to work with the new bios. When installed, the screen says really dark, even at 100% brightness. Therefore, the new drivers are required but still cause my Lync app issue.

Any help is appreciated!

30 Posts

July 20th, 2013 10:00

Update: Windows provided new updates this week (through Windows update) that addressed this issue. Everything is working again with Windows 8.1.

FYI- Windows update was unreadable...so I had to use another W8 computer next to my tablet as a way to help guess what to push (since text was just long lines rather than letters).

39 Posts

July 15th, 2013 07:00

Actually my problem is with every Windows 8 app! I am running Windows 8.1 Preview. I anyone else having this issue?

30 Posts

July 18th, 2013 18:00

Same thing. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 with no issues.

Fast forward. I decided to upgrade the recommended bios and video drivers and now have blocky text in some apps and areas in Windows.

No Events found!