Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2014 14:00

WHY ME? WHY DELL?

Is there anyone out there who has had ANY success in getting decent tech support with their venue 11 pro?  I have had the same issues with freezing.  I have spent countless hours on the phone with someone I could hardly understand.  They all say to follow up with an email and they never respond via email.  Had to ship the tablet off, only to have them do a reinstall.  Tech guy just did and on sight replacement of my mother board, which wouldn't even work.  Only to find out the replacement mother board was a refurbished motherboard!  Spent 4 hours today on the phone trying to get a fast resolve.  I am to the point i have lost all confidence in not only the Venue 11 pro, but Dell products in general.

I am venting, I am demanding a replacement and customer support says I can't w/o jumping through all of the hoops......never mind that I am a small business owner who needs a computer to make money!!!  Why can't anyone get a refund when they have zero confidence in their product???  I didn't CHANGE my mind because it wasn't what I wanted.  Dell has changed my mind for me!!!

Anyone have any tips to get decent service?

Somebody give me a reason to ever purchase a dell product in the future!!!!

42 Posts

June 25th, 2014 14:00

The only reason I can give you is that support practices and product quality is about the same amongst all the big names at similar price points.  So it's unlikely you will find significantly better support on a consistent basis elsewhere.

That said, best advice, get on the phone with support and escalate to a supervisor/manager.  Be persistent.  You can get almost any reasonable request approved if you are persistent. 

2 Posts

June 25th, 2014 15:00

Thanks for the advice!  I have asked to speak with their supervisors twice, only to be transferred to a completely different department.....

I'll keep you posted!

915 Posts

June 25th, 2014 15:00

I agree--nicely but definitely asking for escalation had helped me, with various tech. companies.

14 Posts

June 26th, 2014 09:00

Very much down to the individual you get not a company thing. I had an issue with the SSD, very good person dealt with me initially, unfortunately there was no stock so call was open for a while, handed over to different people as they went on/off shift. No updates and very little help apart from the first person I dealt with. Escalation definitely helps normally though. Sometimes it helps to choose the correct time of day to call so you get the better centre. Late afternoon I find best.
No Events found!