Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

July 13th, 2010 14:00

Welcome Congress Avenue Milers!

Dear Congress Avenue Milers,

Welcome to the Official Dell Mobile Devices Forum. Please feel free to use this site to submit questions about Streak device functionality. Please see the Streak 1.6 New Owner's FAQ for additional helpful information.

Please note that the beta trial period has expired. Those who opted in the program were required to review, and sign, the beta program's Participation and License Agreement. By signing participants acknowledged, and agreed, to have read all of terms and conditions of the agreement. Additionally, we are aware that some participants had opted to make arrangements to sell their devices in various manners during the trial period, which was a direct violation of the beta agreement. Each participant received clear communication via the agreement, as well as at the conclusion on the trial, that their pre-production unit would no longer be active on the AT&T network, but that they could continue to use it in a Wi-Fi environment if they chose (see below).  The beta agreement also clearly stated that these beta units were not commercial, not under warranty, and had not been approved to work in perpetuity on any wireless carrier's network.

Additionally, on July 13, an e-mail from Dell to all Congress Avenue Streak beta trial participants was sent with additional post-beta program details, including the following:

"What happens once my SIM card is deactivated?"
You can still use your Streak. Your beta phone number will be disconnected tomorrow, but you'll continue to have access to all the cool Streak features including the Android marketplace, games, email, Facebook, etc., you'll just need to connect via WIFI. Your Streak, while it may function on some carrier networks, is a beta phone and is therefore not certified on any carrier network, so it may not function normally.  Any such use will be subject to and your carrier's data and voice plan.

We truly value the feedback that our beta test participants provided to us.  As we move toward U.S. availability we will continue communicating to this audience on how they can become a commercial Streak customer.

Hope this helps provide some clarity on the program. Thank you for your participation!

20 Posts

July 13th, 2010 20:00

Dear Congress Avenue Milers,

Useful Links (US Customers)

Streak Press Release 5/25/10-US
Dell™ Streak Quick Reference Guide-US
Dell™ Streak Connection Guide-US
Dell™ Streak Troubleshooting Guide-US
Dell™ Streak Security and Software Reset Guide-US
Synchronizing Your Dell™ Streak to your PC with Dell PC Suite-US

Thank you for your participation!

Since you have posted links for the U.S. version of the Streak, does this mean that we will be seeing it available sometime soon?

October 6th, 2010 01:00

Hi,

Since you are giving us a those links. We are so lucky to have that links to use.

Thanks for that link and we used that soon ......submit questions about Streak device functionality.

Thanks again for this useful links...

2 Posts

November 1st, 2010 14:00

Hi Amy.  I have the Beta version, and is there any possibility that Congress Ave> Milers will be able to use the Streak including the phone app.  I really dislike carrying it around and a phone.  Anyway,  I just hope some consideration would be given to those of us who abided by the regs at the time of the Beta testing.  Thanks

November 6th, 2010 09:00

I came into a Dell Streak through the Congress Avenue Mile beta program. I know there's no warranty on my unit, but somehow my screen cracked from the inside (it was in the bottom of my computer bag so it's possible I jarred the unit when putting my computer in its pocket) and now it's unusable.

What are my options for possible fixes? It would be a shame to add this to the scrapheap.

19 Posts

November 19th, 2010 19:00

Shae @ att can help get your beta dell streak re-activated on the att network. You can also use the beta streak on the t-mobile network

from Shae:

We have created a process to have the beta versions of the Dell Streak removed from the restricted list.

1.       You will need to upgrade the firmware to version 1.6.  This can be done via Wi-Fi or by USB connection to a computer and downloading the firmware from the Dell website.

2.       Once the firmware has been updated, take a photo that displays the firmware status & the corresponding IMEI for each device.  See attached examples.

3.       Email the photos and IMEI of each device to me and I will forward the request to have the IMEI’s removed from the restricted list.

I’m told the removal process takes 24-48 hours for completion.  Please let me know if you run into any problems.  I’ll forward your emails immediately upon receipt.

Shae's email is SL7836 at att.com

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 14:00

John, thx for ur effort on this; I complied with instructs, sent the IMEI and update to Shea last week.  All worked fine til today, 12-2, when notified my mobile suspended.  Left message 4 Shae and awaiting response.  Is there something u can do? After re-reading ur instructs, I should have sent the photo of IMEI and upgrade to you.  Thx for any help.

19 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 20:00

John, thx for ur effort on this; I complied with instructs, sent the IMEI and update to Shea last week.  All worked fine til today, 12-2, when notified my mobile suspended.  Left message 4 Shae and awaiting response.  Is there something u can do? After re-reading ur instructs, I should have sent the photo of IMEI and upgrade to you.  Thx for any help.

ezeg, you were correct in sending the photo and imei to shae. just follow up with her. she has been helpful.

No Events found!