Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2013 15:00

Windows RT on Streak?

I have a Streak 7 (wifi only) and think it is a fantastic device, except for the Android operating system. I am wondering if anyone has looked into putting Windows 8 RT on this device instead of Android... I believe the specs meet Windows RT requirements. Does anyone have any idea how to even begin this process? Where do I get a copy of Windows 8 RT? How to connect to something to wipe current system and install RT? Would Dell be able to make this install for under $200 (rough price of RT + handling)?

8 Posts

March 19th, 2013 05:00

Not going to happen. Sorry, the underlying requirements make it impossible.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2013 01:00

Hai i am new to this forum.

March 27th, 2013 04:00

-to "giveen"- Could you be more specific, please? I know it wouldn't meet the new device requirements, but does the hardware -specifically the processor and graphics capabilities handle RT? It has a dual core 1GHZ cpu, 16GB internal storage, couldn't find specifics on gpu. Just because it doesn't have the ports of new devices that have RT, doesn't necessarily it couldn't properly run the system. I'd even consider running Windows Phone 8 (or 7.8) on it. I think that would be better than the buggy Android system. I'm just looking to see if any adventurous people have tried any other OS on the Streak... If so, what worked and what failed?

8 Posts

March 27th, 2013 05:00

WIthout going into a very technical explanation, it requires a secure boot system.

As one of the only Android developers left for this device, take my work when I say it won't happen. Ever.

No Events found!