Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2016 11:00

XPS 10 tablet power problems

When I plug the tablet in to charge the white light comes on then goes off indicating to me the tablet is charged. Press and hold power button for the allowed time to power on and nothing. I have tried and tried troubleshooting  through the dell support and NOTHING WORKS.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 21st, 2016 03:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly check and follow the steps below.

• Unplug the 40-pin connector from the tablet. If docked, unplug the tablet from the dock.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds (this performs a hard power off on the device in the event that it is locked or hung)
  • Plug the 40-pin connector back into the device. Let the unit charge for at least one hour (60 minutes) before pressing the power button. Pressing the power button before the unit is adequately charged will hang the device and prevent further charging.
  • After waiting for at least one hour, press the power button for 3-4 seconds to turn on the device.
  • If this resolves the issue, the battery was dead and the unit went into a hung state. A software update to permanently resolve this issue will be pushed via the Windows Updates

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!