Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2013 11:00

XPS 18 - Touchscreen in BIOS?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know for certain if the touchscreen on a Dell XPS 18 tablet PC should work in the BIOS?

There are touchscreen interface buttons and a full touch keyboard in the BIOS, but Dell support seemed to indicate that the touchscreen probably wouldn't work in the BIOS because there's no windows drivers.  I thought it odd to have one without the other, but it wouldn't be the first time unused options were left in a tech design.

The touchscreen functionality on the one we have here at the office has stopped functioning, and still doesn't function after Dell replaced the entire screen.  I'm hoping to make certain we do indeed have a hardware issue, and not some obscure Windows 8 issue, but I'm not sure how to test it outside the Windows environment if it isn't designed to function in the BIOS.

Thank you.

18 Posts

November 13th, 2013 14:00

I figured I'd boot into BIOS and try it for you. Drum roll please...... yes! Touch works fine on all of the BIOS screens on mine.

3 Posts

November 13th, 2013 15:00

Thank you for going to the trouble, it's an extremely valuable bit of information from a troubleshooting standpoint.  =)

No Events found!