Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2014 13:00

Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced.

I have the Dell Power Manager up on my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 64bit Windows. I plug in the power adapter and get the following message: Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced. Is my battery bad or do I need some software fix? Larry

1 Message

April 24th, 2014 09:00

Add me to the list of people experiencing the same problem.  Battery needs replaced?  The numbers are inaccurate as well.  Now Battery 1 says 79%, and Battery 2 (I'm assuming keyboard) says 0%. 

This sucks as I'm about to travel and this is my main device.

4 Posts

July 10th, 2014 21:00

I'm having the same problem. I've already replaced the battery with a new one. Now I'm getting the same message that I need to replace my battery. It failed a diagnostic scan. Today, despite being plugged in, my battery was nearly dead when I booted today.

3 Posts

July 16th, 2014 12:00

I have 3 of the Venue 7139 units and they all are having this issue or similar " the system can not communicate with the battery"

3 Posts

July 17th, 2014 08:00

Same issues here on a BRAND NEW Venue 11 Pro...I get both battery error messages, "...cannot communicate..." and "your battery is no longer working..."

What's the deal Dell? I'm on the latest Bios A12...

1 Message

August 6th, 2014 07:00

Exactly the same issues here, plus periodic episodes of unresponsiveness. Right out of the box.

2 Posts

August 13th, 2014 17:00

I'm also experiencing the battery issue.  BIOS has been updated to A12, Power Manager is up to date and battery has been replaced. But I am still getting the 'The system cannot communicate with your battery' or 'your battery is no longer working'' messages.  Any updates on this issue?

828 Posts

September 20th, 2014 12:00

We ship a program called Dell Power Manager, which is where this error is coming from.   For those of you with brand new systems, anyone interested in letting me exchange your device for a new one and sending me the device with the problem for failure analysis?

Thx.

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 07:00

Brian,  Im with the Florida Dept of Agriculture,   mine was an evaluation loaner from Dell,  Service Tag

,  I returned it to dell yesterday as it was at the end of our evaluation.  We were impressed with the tablet and intend to purchase many of the Venue 11's  with the Broadband capability for laptop replacements.  That  Said,  I have not had the battery issue for the past 4 weeks,   almost as if it fixed itself,  or prehaps an update fixed it.  Either way,   even with the issue I was still impressed with the device overall.

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 08:00

Im Not sure,   I actually just ignored the error,  and eventually noticed it stoped poping up,  and that I could see the battery status and everything seemed fine.   I would assume a windows update fixed it.  Ive been an I.T. Tech for 17 years,   from experience,  sometimes windows and hardware dont play well together,  and I think maybe an update from Microsoft or Dell resolved the issue without either company knowing it would fix this particular issue.  I always keep my BIOS, hardware AND windows updated for this very reason.

11 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 08:00

Sam,

What update do you think fixed the battery issue?

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 09:00

Brian,

I'll take you up on the offer.  As others have reported, the error disappeared for a while after running a number of both BIOS and OS updates.  However, the error message has started reappearing again.

1 Message

February 11th, 2015 12:00

I am still getting "The system cannot communicate with your battery." I'ver replaced the battery in the Venue and replaced the mobile keyboard.  Please help with an answer....

thanks

1 Message

October 4th, 2015 15:00

I've tried all that has been suggested. This is a new unit that is only two days old and I continue to get the message: your system cannot communicate with your battery. Please advise.

No Events found!