Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2011 21:00

problems with my streak

im from hyderabad,india and ive recently purchased a dell streak which seems to me to be riddled with problems......the touch screen is totally unresponsive and at times i cant even unlock my phone as it doesnt recognize the touch.i touch some application and some other application starts up(this again i think is because of the touch screen issue)..Also the battery life is the worst ive seen for a device(mine lasts only 4-5 on continuous use and 1 day on standby)..could someone help me out please..is the problem with only my particular device or is it common to all streaks? eagerly awaiting for some response...

12 Posts

January 6th, 2011 23:00

I have got 3 DELL STREAKS replaced & still have a host of problems. On video call it's the Primary Camera (rear) that comes ON & not the VGA Camera (front). This I was told by DELL Service will be sorted out when the 2.3 Software is updated, which will be available in a few days time!

70 Posts

January 7th, 2011 04:00

Sadly I don't think the situation will be resolved any time soon if at all. 

Support for the Streak by Dell is almost nonexistant and accessories even less so.  If you are desparate for accessories I would suggest a search of web sites such as Ebay who know doubt will supply quicker and cheaper than locally.

It amazes me to still see Dell pushing the Streak despite poor sales and an equally large number of returns. They know it and you know it was defective from the start but rather than withdraw it from the market and resolve the design issues they continue too rip off their customers.

Not sure where Member rajivkumaran got his info about a 2.3 update but Dell have only just managed to launch a badly coded bug ridden version of 2.2 and have no present plans for a 2.3 update.

Myself I have retired and had refunds for all our Streaks, but I am happy to give advice and provide support where possible for it's still long suffering users.

"WAKE UP DELL!! Your users are unhappy with a product not fit for its purpose and a spport service that amounts to nothing but frustration to its users. I am amazed the whole fiasco has stayed out of court for so long.

5 Posts

January 7th, 2011 05:00

Could anybody give me the procedure to get a refund for my dell streak? i think it would be better to get the refund and then wait for a better phone instead of persisting with the riddled device.

5 Posts

its alright fidgeting over the would be updated version of android but the point is will it make the streak any better in comparison to the 2.2 froyo?

12 Posts

Information on the update 2.3 was received from DELL technical head at Bangalore & confirmed over phone by their technical head in Kochi. The 2.3 will be available acress India next week, is what I have been given to understand. Wonder why Dell ever launched a unit with a defective soft ware!

70 Posts

January 7th, 2011 06:00

Any problems contact Trading Standards office. The Streak has had problems with both software and its hardware since its launch, both of which have not been rectified. It it therefore not fit for the purpose which it was sold.

You should have no problem getting a refund once you start involving trading standards.

12 Posts

January 7th, 2011 06:00

Claim your refund from the vendor you purchased the Dell Streak from! 

4 Posts

January 18th, 2011 01:00

Today i talk to customer care and their team leader, still they dont have any information on android 2.3. can any body from anywhere in dell provide me this information? 

No Events found!