Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2021 19:00

Major Service Tag Issue On The Dell Website

Hey everyone. I have no idea where to post this because technically it belongs everywhere. I recently entered the service tags from a pile of laptops and desktops to get some drivers and bios updates and more than half of them came up with the dreaded     "Sorry, we weren't able to find any results for:"   message. When i look for solutions on the forums i just find generic garbage answers.

Does anyone that actually works for dell want to tell my why the database is suddely missing so many service tags?

before you give me the generic garbage answers also, service tags that i previously entered over the years are no longer showing up as well. i have over 200 systems lol.

Community Manager

• 

478 Posts

April 26th, 2021 03:00

Hello jcakkrak,

We'll get back to you for the appropriate board or department but meanwhile, do you have any service tag information that you entered (website link, the tag number, etc)?   

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 26th, 2021 05:00

jackkrak,

Click my DELL-username. Then on the right under "Contact Me", click "Send this user a private message". In that private message provide five of the service tags so I can check them on the Dell external site.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2021 12:00

That is one of many. but the question still has not been answered. why did these numbers suddenly vanish from the site and why do you need to look them up on an external site?

3 Posts

May 18th, 2021 06:00

I posted the tag but it was deleted. apparently it is against the rules to post a service tage number on the boards. still haven't gotten any answers to my question though. is the server going to be fixed anytime soon? it's been a couple of years at least since tags started vanishing without explanation.

No Events found!