Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2016 12:00

Add hard disk

So I have a Unity VSA stood up running community edition for now.  I have not added any user disks to the system.  I am ready to do this but I am running across a problem.  I have two datastores one for the Unity and the other for user data per the best practices.  I am running a single standard edition VMware host.  I am not able to deploy the hard disk to the user datastore.  It keeps changing the target to the Unity OS datastore.  I cannot find where it would be requiring all files stay together as that is a vCenter/SDRS item.  This is very frustrating, any help would be appreciated.

136 Posts

November 29th, 2016 06:00

while creating new hard disk, are you able to locate the user datastore under location option?

23 Posts

November 29th, 2016 07:00

Yes, I am able to browse to the new location, select it, and attempt to move forward but it ALWAYS puts it on the same datastore as the machine itself.  Keep in mind that this is a non-vcenter instance of ESXi.  Just a standalone host.  I think it might be a bug with my release.

Ryan

136 Posts

November 29th, 2016 08:00

as you said it should not sit on user datacenter. Can you try by creating new datacenter & locate on it? I haven't seen any issue like this. And let me know the ESX version?

1 Rookie

• 

104 Posts

December 4th, 2016 06:00

What is version edition of ESXi host? The minimum requirement of ESXi edition is version 5.5.

vsa.png 

No Events found!