Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2017 00:00

An automatic refresh of the contract data failed in EMC Unity

Hi,

We have Unity Storage devices where in we see a below warning message frequently on all our Unity storage system. Since we have centralized  ESRS configured and all out unity system configured/connected with ESRS Gateway and then it’s configured/connected  with EMC ESRS.Even I tested port connectivity from unity storage to ESRS gateway via port 9443 and it’s works fine.

Warning Message “An automatic refresh of the contract data failed. The service was unavailable or unreachable.:

Any suggestion/method to fix this warning message.

Thanks in advance

June 29th, 2017 23:00

Thanks for your response.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong ? You mean ,From Centralized ESRS ,it should reachable to internet ,right ?

And FYI, I tested Network from Centralized ESRS under “Configuration” and network check and then click Run test  and all test are successfully (it’s reachable to EMC ESRS gateways).As we can see these warning from Unity storage devices

169 Posts

June 29th, 2017 23:00

Hi Shankar,

Contract refresh requires direct internet access to support.emc.com/uemconnect.emc.com. It is normal for Centralized ESRS boxes to report as "Refresh failed". Unless you are ready to open ports, you can ignore this warning.

169 Posts

June 30th, 2017 01:00

Contract information data is direct inquiry from the array. ESRS Gateway on the Centralized config is exclusively used only for "ESRS" communication.

8.6K Posts

June 30th, 2017 02:00

You could try configuring a proxy server in the Unisphere settings

June 30th, 2017 05:00

Thanks for your info,As i would like to know which ports need to open in order to fix this warning /to refresh of contract data from Unity since we don't have proxy server.

• 

239 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 06:00

Hi,

So as discussed,

ESRS and support info are completely separate things.

ESRS centralized only works for ESRS, not support.

Have a look at these KBs:

https://support.emc.com/kb/485275

https://support.emc.com/kb/487022

I also suspect you may be running old Unity OE code? If this is the case please update to latest asap.

Thanks,

Andre @ Dell EMC

169 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 21:00

You can allow uemconnect.emc.com (port 80 and 443) and support.emc.com (port 443), also a DNS Server that can resolve this.

July 6th, 2017 21:00

Thanks Andre for the given KB and info.

As per KB, verified all checks and looks good, except ports issue with 80 and 443. since 80 and 443 is not allowed outwards and to uemconnect.emc.com.Will take look into these ports access.

By the way, current Unity running with 4.1.0.9058043,Is this version has bug with regards  to this issue/error

• 

239 Posts

July 7th, 2017 04:00

Yes, so once those ports are sorted, you should be ok.

And there is an ETA for code upgrade to 4.1.2. I would be upgrading ASAP.

Thanks

Andre @ Dell EMC

No Events found!