Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 28th, 2018 10:00

ArrayCommPath, Failover Mode for Unity?

Hi All,

My customer is trying to configure Unity array as some sort of external storage to a Hitachi array. The instruction he got is as below:

“Problem Description: In order to configure as External Storage, I need to configure: 1. "ArrayCommPath" must be disabled. 2. "Failover Mode" of ports must be set to "2". 3. Set ?trespass? bit is set in the GUI, so a second controller can takeover for a failed primary controller on a per-LU basis.

Do we still have these settings on Unity? I didn't find anything in the manual. Thanks.

8.6K Posts

August 29th, 2018 02:00

Hi,

I would suggest to inquire with Hitachi for newer config information - this seems to just have been copied from VNX/Celerra

From Unity OE 4.3 onwards there are new host initiator type settings which includes failovermode and trespass settings

see the command reference guide for details in the section about   uemcli /remote/initiator create -host

Rainer

P.S.: As an EMC employee I would suggest to to also check the knowledgebase and elabnavigator.emc.com

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

September 19th, 2018 14:00

Thank you!

Rainer_EMC wrote:

Hi,

I would suggest to inquire with Hitachi for newer config information - this seems to just have been copied from VNX/Celerra

From Unity OE 4.3 onwards there are new host initiator type settings which includes failovermode and trespass settings

see the command reference guide for details in the section about   uemcli /remote/initiator create -host

Rainer

P.S.: As an EMC employee I would suggest to to also check the knowledgebase and elabnavigator.emc.com

No Events found!