Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2021 02:00

DELL EMC UNITY

Need to know if there is any way by which we can achieve 'In Sync' state for sync state of replication.

I am working with UNISPHERE rest apis.

Problem is that my sync state of replication just won't achieve target 'In Sync' state from consistent state.

Let me know, if anyone knows any guidance.

• 

7.1K Posts

May 10th, 2021 12:00

Hello akfd,

You should see an in-sync state once files are synced on both systems.  If you are not then, it is best to open a support case so that we can pull some logs and see why it is not going into in sync state.

• 

7.1K Posts

May 7th, 2021 10:00

Hello akfd,

Which unity system do you have and what is your current onefs version?

4 Posts

May 10th, 2021 00:00

Hi DELL-Sam L,

Thank you for your response.

my array details are as follows:

Model: Unity 380F

UnityOS

There is no onefs, associated with my array.

Mine is DELL EMC Unity replication array providing replication and snapshots capability.

I want to achieve sync state as "In Sync" with my replication by performing some workaround that you may want to suggest.

4 Posts

May 10th, 2021 23:00

Thanks @DELL-Sam L will check with support, one more request

Could you also point me to the exact difference between "consistent" and "in sync" sync states of DELL EMC Unity replication.

I know the typical definitions:

In sync: Exact replica at destination

Consistent: There is latest or point in time copy at destination.

But I could observe that even with consistent state there was no data loss and all files were copied.

Want to understand what happens at data copy level exactly in both cases.

Is it safe to proceed with just consistent state?

• 

7.1K Posts

May 11th, 2021 08:00

Hello akfd,

Here are what the different states mean.  Here is a link to the Dell EMC Unity Family Configuring Replication guide & this information is found on page 42.

·         Consistent – The data on the destination system is consistent from the host

perspective. The destination LUN is the latest or point in time copy of the source

LUN.

·         In Sync – The data on the destination system is consistent from the host

perspective. The destination LUN is an exact copy of the source LUN.

No Events found!