Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

January 11th, 2019 01:00

Dell EMC Unity REST API : Shutdown procedure

Hi, Anyone tried rest api to shutdown unity? any help much appriciated Many Thanks, Vivke

January 16th, 2019 01:00

Hi @vivek_asml

Thank you once more for your post.

After further research and testing on our end, I was able to confirm that there is indeed a REST API function that will allow to remotely shutdown the arrays. I am currently testing this situation further and I will be providing further updates with my results as soon as possible.

In the meantime the function in question is ServiceAction, and the parameter to be used is shutdownSystem.

Further details about the command can be found on the page 329 of the following document.

January 14th, 2019 04:00

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for your post.

I went through the API Documentation and I have tried to run a shutdown test using the REST API. Unfortunately from the tests and our API documentation, I am afraid that we currently do not have a REST API option to run the shutdown procedure on Unity arrays.

At this moment as a workaround you can use the GUI or a SSH session to initiate the procedure, as described on the KB 000489362.

Furthermore, if you would like to provide further feedback in order to enhance the product functionality, you can submit a Product Enhancement request here.

I hope that this information is useful, however if you have further queries, please feel free to update this Topic.

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

January 16th, 2019 01:00

Hi Ricardo, Thanks and really appricaite your help. Cheers, Vivek.

January 17th, 2019 00:00

Hi @vivek_asml

After performing additional testing on our side, I was able to validate that the shutdown task can be done using the serviceAction resource type mentioned in my previous post.

Please note that in order to execute this command you will need to also specify the currentPassword parameter in the body of the POST request sent to the array.

As an example, here is a code snip in HTML with the structure:

POST /api/instances/serviceAction/shutdownSystem/action/execute HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.xx.xx.xx
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json
X-EMC-REST-CLIENT: true
EMC-CSRF-TOKEN: The+CSRF+Token
Set-Cookie: Cookie
{
"currentPassword":"YourservicePassword"
}

I hope that this information is useful to answer your queries.

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

January 17th, 2019 01:00

Hi Ricardo,

you are the best!! thanks alot for the help.

Many Thanks,

Vivek 

No Events found!